Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Buying a Helmet

Buying a new helmet can be overwhelming. We turned to Bret Milan at Shoei to guide us threw what's important and what's not.

More...

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By toonces
      Really don't like the idea of wearing a helmet but for safety's sake I cant justify flying down a dirt road at 45 without wearing one, so I'm wondering what's a good helmet to get for someone who doesn't want a helmet on at all. Light weight would be a priority as well as open face.
    • By toonces
      Here's the deal... I'm a first time atv buyer and have been studying hard all aspects of buying and evaluating these things for a used purchase. Now after months of looking everywhere I finally found a local private seller through word of mouth that may be offering a hell of a deal. Story is...
      Guy's got a 2012 Yamaha Griz 550 w/ EPS with 2900 miles and 250 hours on it and hes asking $4900. Says he got it from NPA? in Cincinnati for $4400 and paid $125 to ship it. After new tires, brakes and oil he says he's got $5000 into it coming from a dealer-only wholesale auction. I've only got $4500 to spend and really stressed that and he says he'll sell it to me if the guy coming on Friday doesn't pay the full $4900 price he's asking.
      So yeah fairly excited about the prospects here. This one blue books for something like $5500-$5800 retail.
      But I'm still a little too wet behind the ears still to be confident about evaluating these things used so I'm cramming as much info as I can before I go take a look at it. So don't want to get burned.
      So couple questions...
      1- I've seen some with more and less miles than the 2900 this one has. But have been taught it's not so much the mileage as how they were put on. Anyone have insight about this specific model with almost 3000 miles and 250 hours on it?
      2- Are there any special problems the 2012 550 EPS Griz has that I should be looking out for?
    • By trev0006
      Riding a Motorcycle 150mph with no helmet

Riding a Motorcycle 150mph with no helmet
      and
      Crazy Motorcycle Stunts

Crazy Motorcycle Stunts
    • By nc27407
      New to the forum & ATVs. Was hoping to get some help understanding:
      1) Manufacture Brand distinction, like 1's that are liked vs. loathed. Out of likes is there a big difference between Polaris & Kawasaki, etc.
      2) Looking at an older ATV (2005 Suzuki 700), and was wondering with all of the additions/upgrades to the later models, what are the biggest features in a newer (but used) model that I might want to consider that would deter me from buying a 2005?
    • By xefex
      Hi
      I'm looking into buying a new quad and so far I've narrowed it down to the Polaris sportsman 500 and the Honda foreman. I'm leaning more toward the Honda because my last quad was a 94 Honda fourtrax. But I like the sportsman to because as I understand the military uses them and I know I can USALY trust something that's mill spec. Just an FYI most of what I'll be using this for is trail riding and maybe some hunting. Any help would be very much appreciated.