Quantcast

kodiac = bigbear ?

jeepy973

hi all, just a question about my atv i've a bigbear professionnal YFM400FW and when i search on web pics of him i found that the Kodiac 400 is more similar then mine...for example the headlights are near in mine like the Kodiac. Maybe they're differents versions to europe/japan/US market? If i take service shop for bigbear 400 i can see a chapter for radiator/coolant but my model is air cooler with manual 3 positions shifts : high -low speed and rear... If someone have some info for my Atv? :yes: when i try to put my 17 number to know the year : it says that it maybe a japan model....:aargh:. I had recently to change my carb intake manifold and i put a kodiac one....It's very difficult for me when i purchase something for this Atv to know what parts gone on mine.....:aargh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Kodiak 400 uses Big Bear 350 parts. The Big bear was first in the generation line before the Kodiak. The Big Bear Pro came out using the larger engine as Yamaha had intended the Kodiak to go into the Ultramatic only setup. At least that's how I remember it going in Canada. The US had a different line up change.

Hi,

it means that when you will order parts you will look for YFM400FW parts.

Big manufacturer such as Yamaha will have same platform with minor changes = as less

different parts as possible,save money,administration ways more easy.

for example raptor 350 as the same engine! as warrior

I am working in mass production company and this is the way to work.

I hope I helped

BR

Oren.B

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      What's the best kids atv out there? I've seen everything from the ones released by the major manufacturers to all those knock offs. Kawasaki has a KFX 50 that is pretty nice for under $1800...

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By Ajmboy
      Anyone purchase or check out Rockymtnatv lately? Well I was just browsing over there and they have a pretty cool section called Ten Dollars Or Less. Some interesting things to check out if you are in the market.

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By 1998Zuki250
      Looking to see if anyone has any input on ATV Tires? 1998 Suzuki quadrunner LTF250