Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

trieck1232

Need help with CDI, and alarm?

Posted this in the New members section to, don't want to get a bad rap as the newbie!

I recently was given a 2005 Chinese ATV, No marking what so ever other than on the side of the head it says 10cm3, which i think means that it is a 90cc? Trying to figure out which cdi it needs, as I have diagnosed that i am only getting .1 v at the coil, it also has a alarm (no fob) which Ive read you can just unplug to bypass, i have the Vin number it is l5nsumcc45t009855 but that isn't helping much... The motor cranks, but no spark checked the kill switches etc. It has a horizontal motor.

The attached is a pic of it. Possibly a TAOTAO?:confused:

423564_10151052975896985_355334298_n.jpg

423564_10151052975896985_355334298_n.jpg.b5a783d0d15910431f849dba066b6fce.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bayoubill
      can anyone tell me if its ac or dc for sure? its a 4 stroke gy6 type engine.
    • By warlordxx
      ok I just picked up this bike and the guy that had it cut a bunch of the wires.... so what I need is to know what wires coming out of the CDI hook up to just so I can get it to spark both the key and kill switch wires are gone I dont need it to be 100 just need to know if it will fire... this is what I have...
      connector 1
      green
      black-blue stripe
      connector 2
      orange
      black-white stripe
      connector 3
      white-blue stripe
      thank you for your help
    • By Mike8623
      OK guys, Ive got a 1996 suzuki king quad 300. Just where and how do you get to the CDI unit on these? Is there a way to check these if you dont have the suzuki tool or meter?
    • By gignac02
      I have a 1 suzuki lt250 quadrunner with no spark. I can't find the proper electrical diagram for it. The CDi as 6 wires comming out of it. orange, green an black/? going to stator . Comming out from engine (Stator) 3 yellow ( alternator ) 1 orange, 1 green, and 1 black/?. Witch wire is or are pick-up coil? impulse generator? What should be the resistance of them? ignition coil test good !
      anybody as info on it , please help!
      Thanks
      Gignac02
    • By spitfire
      Will a cdi box off of a 1990 lt160f work on a 1985 lt185f. Thanks in advance.