Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

njadpco

Kawasaki Bayou klf400 - HELP PLEASE

I have a klf400 Kawasaki bayou that has been giving me fits, it will idle fine but when i go to give it the gas it spits and sputters and wont run smooth, i have took the card apart 2 times and cleaned it, i have put new plugs in it, any ideas what might be doing this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Achilles
      I'm hearing a clunking sound from the front end.  It doesn't happen when I bounce the front end up and down on the shocks while the motor is off--only when driving.  There is a small tear in the CV boot on the axle so I planned on replacing the boot.  Could a bad axel cause a clunking noise when thottling forward?
    • By Marc Freeman
      View File 1998 Kawasaki Bayou KLF 250, Bayou 250, Workhorse 250 Service Manual
      Kawasaki service manual for ATV KLF 250, Bayou 250, Workhorse 250.
      Submitter Marc Freeman Submitted 09/05/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Marc Freeman
      Kawasaki service manual for ATV KLF 250, Bayou 250, Workhorse 250.
    • By BigRuss
      I have a Kawasaki  bayou 4WD that started squealing when giving it the gas from a stop. It almost sounds like a fan belt but the dealer replaced the belt about 30 hours ago, so I don't think it is that. As best as I can tell, it actually sounds like it is coming from the front end. Once I am running and moving at a speed, I don't hear the squealing anymore. My first thought was to put fan belt dressing on the fan belt, as a quick test for the problem. It makes the noise when hot or cold.
      Another problem, that started before the dealer changed the fan belt, is that you give the quad a little gas, and nothing, give it more, and nothing, give it more, and it lurches and takes off. The dealer said it needs a new clutch, which I don't buy. less than 400 hours and it needs a clutch? I would say it needs an adjustment. When the quad is cold, as in I just started it for the first time in hours, it does not lurch. It is just fine. It lurches only when it gets hot, as in when you can hear the fan once in a while to cool the oil.
      Any help or insights would be great.

Russ
    • By Rich Arno
      Hello. I'm new so I hope I'm posting in the right place. My neighbor gave me a nice looking Bayou 220, but I can't get any fire to the plug. No lights, nothing. So far I've put in a brand new battery and relay. So those are good for sure. No neutral light comes on when the key is turned. Where should I start to try to figure out this electrical problem? I have a new coil to install, but common sense tells me it has to be something before that. I'm cheap so taking it to the dealer is out of the question. Does anyone know the process of elimination in a situation like this? I'd might add it LOOKS like the wires are all where they belong, but I can't say they are for sure. If the machine wasn't in such great shape, I wouldn't bother, but the grandkids should have a lot of fun on this. Thank you in advance for any help someone can offer.