Fourwhels

2004 Suzuki 400 - Stator Problem

I am having a problem with my stator, I have a 2004 suzuki A400F 4x4 auto quad. I have been told that the stator may have built up a glaze because of old oil. My question is can the stator be cleaned up.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

yeah it should be able to be i havent had this problem with anything but yeah just pull it out and clean it up. I just replaced my with a ricky stator and it works great

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Homestead
      My bayou was running. Turned it off. Went to start it again about 20 minutes later and nothing.... no electrical power. No lights, no neutral indicator light. Battery good. Jumped starter and it turns over but doesn't start. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe ci igniter or rectifier?
    • By JPRICE1981
      Hello Everyone very new to working on ATVs and pretty sure Im getting ready to ask a stupid question !! but here goes !! should i have oil in my stator compartment on my suzuki 500 ?? this bike is backfiring bad and running rich when i pulled the plug to set it at TDC to check the valves I find that there is oil on the flywheel and Ive never seen this on any other ATV before any info would help !! Pretty sure I already know the answer but if you all could entertain me I would be greatfu !! THANKS IN ADVANCE !!
    • By JPRICE1981
      Hello everyone !! Looking for some help !! Im wanting to check my stator and pick up coil with a ohm meter and cant seem to find a guide that tells me what to read and what my reading should be !! Any help would be great !! THANKS IN ADVANCE !!
    • By revid
      I have a 2003 trx 350 fourtrax thats not charging .I replaced the rectifier last yr and want to know how I can test it or the stator with a multimeter? I tried to download the manual here but the link must be dead cause I can't get anywhere with it. Iam attaching a pic of my meter so someone can tell me what settings cause I don't know alot about multimeters.Thanks

• By rider001
      I installed a new stator due to spark problems. I re-assembled the minimum just to start it. Fired right up. However it would not shift, probably assembly error. I am attaching two pics, one is the crankcase left side and the other is the crankcase cover where the stator is mounter. I the cover pic I am pointing at a fork type part with two fingers. How should that be oriented for reassembly?? If you can see something else wrong in the photos let me know. Or could it be where the shifter rod goes thru the crankcase cover, the rod might of gone thru the case hole crooked?? For a quicker response email at byter1 at gmail.com