Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jhansen851819

1998 Yamaha Bear Tracker - Upgrades

Owned this atv since new. I was 13 or so when we got this bike so it has had a rough life with no major work done. It smokes like crazy (blue) and has a bit of a rattle to it at idle. I am thinking this winter is the time to tear it apart and see whats wrong. Thinking minimum, I'll need a jug and piston set. Wondering what most people run into with these. I always thought it was a 98 but must be a 99 from the pictures I see of other ones and parts available. Will check vin soon.

My questions are -

- best place for engine parts

- upgrade options

- interchangeability

also the tires are worn and the rims are all slightly bent on the edges, so wondering what other atvs that wheels/tires will fit mine

If this has been covered please send a link.

i think it's a 1999. i would price yamaha parts from your dealer, then go to bikebandit.com and ebay for parts. upgrade to maybe a slip on exhaust and rejet the carb. the tires you can choose to fit your riding areas. itp tires have a good selection and are reasonably priced. your rims are 4/110 which are a very common size for the majority of the big name quads. just check your width, eg. 6", 8", 10"...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      Want to show you one automotive show that I filmed in my town called Crazy Race. This was two day race in Qualifications round, Semifinals and Final. In this 4 parts I am showing best moments from all rounds and entertainment of the show.
      Crazy Race Part 2 contains a qualifying round where all riders race against each other, selected by lot and split by two. They are free to drive in any direction and to hit their opponent's car everywhere except at the driver's door. Anyone who intentionally hit the other car in the driver's door is disqualified. Winner of each race continue in the semifinal round. In this part I will present the best moments of the qualifying round! 

Part 3 shows you the best moments from Day 2 - Semifinals and Final. Battles in the semifinals are among the winners of the first day races, but this time they are selected by lot and divided into 4 battles of 4-5 cars each. The rules in each battle are that they only have to drive in one direction and try to neutralize other opponents until there are only two players left. Then the battle between the two last drivers has the rule to drive in any direction until only one who has qualified for the final round is left. Again, anyone who intentionally hit the other car in the driver's door is disqualified.
      For the final round there were only two cars left, because the other two players who got the right to be there had problems with their car and could not participate.

Part 4 containing entertainments between battles and winners rewarding.
      This event will have second round in 05-06 October 2019 and also will be filmed  For this new round I will filmed in many new angels and places. Will prepare a lot more videos and many new entertainments . This 4 videos was my first try so many things to wish for better filming in the future one.
      Hope you will like them and of course feel free to comment and to ask everything. Hope you will Subscribe to my channel and to be first to see my other content and of course new round of Crazy Race! Thanks!
    • By StolenATV
      Loud Mini blue 4 wheeler with little orange was stolen late at night from our yard. Does not have a key only a kill switch no stickers just plane no license plate due to it not being road legal. Was seen drove on four wheeler trails in Hibbing. It was my 5 year olds birthday present and means the world to him. He’s been very upset and hurt that someone could steal his four wheeler and is so little for him to understand that some heartless people in the world do bad things And is trying to do yard work for a reward and to buy a new one 🙁 we just want our sons smile to be brought to his innocent face. Thank you for taking the time to read
      The post STOLEN ATV: BLUE RF MINI SPED STAR CLONE 50cc KIDS ATV appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By YamahaGrizzly
      So my Yamaha grizzly 700 wasn't going into reverse for some reason but Jon and George figured it out on what to do to fix that problem for me. Jon Talks about how he was able to fix that problem my Yamaha Grizzly was having with the reverse.
      On a side note we are so close to 1k subs! hell ya!
    • By crochet homemade
      I have bought a 1996 suzuki king quad 300 and I have noticed that it smokes but I have put oil in it and plenty of gas had to fix shifter bc the nuts and bolts came out somewhere. I have had to replace the wire for the starter but now when I try to start it it wont idle at all and when it does run it smokes really bad like a whitish blue I guess, and it likes to stall a lot. So anybody can help me out please and thank you

10000000_310855426253462_714534016610467840_n.mp4
    • By weblex
      Problem: The ATV starts and runs at idle perfectly. But as soon as I open the throttle, the engine starts to slow down until it stops. On the attached video you can hear the sound of how it works: see video below
      Prehistory: there is a Polaris Sportsman 500 1998, which for about 1.5 years stood in repair, including also replacing CDI with one taken from the same ATV. Finally, the vehicles were on wheels, traveled several kilometers and overheated - forgot to fill the antifreeze Came back home in small moves. The next trip started well, but after 10 km there was a feeling of a small drop in power (even as the vehicle got warm completely) but still drives. Next trip - the situation is repeated. The next test of ATV through time and a huge loss of power from the very beginning. The engine sneezes, does not want to go more than 5 mph.

What has been done: the carburetor has been replaced with a new one (inexpensive, $ 40), a new spark plug, a new ignition coil, the engine head has been removed, the piston is in good condition, valves were corrected - but the problem was definitely not in them.

Ignition control unit is suspected. Who faced similar? Please help in solving the problem.
      Thanks in advance.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Christopher Williams
      Hello all, 
      i just rebuilt the top end of a 99 Bear Tracker 250 and it can’t get it to hit off of gasoline or starter fluid. Occasionally it will backfire. Right now I’m just trying to get it to fire off without the carburetor like I’ve done a thousand times before with other engines. Usually there is no response, but occasionally I get a backfire through the intake. ISeems like it’s out of time, but I don’t see how that could be possible. 
      Here’s what I know:
      1. compression 120psi
      2. all timing marks are lined up after numerous revolutions. 
      3. Strong spark. 
      4. Valves adjusted correctly. 
      Thanks in advance.