jhansen851819

1998 Yamaha Bear Tracker - Upgrades

Owned this atv since new. I was 13 or so when we got this bike so it has had a rough life with no major work done. It smokes like crazy (blue) and has a bit of a rattle to it at idle. I am thinking this winter is the time to tear it apart and see whats wrong. Thinking minimum, I'll need a jug and piston set. Wondering what most people run into with these. I always thought it was a 98 but must be a 99 from the pictures I see of other ones and parts available. Will check vin soon.

My questions are -

- best place for engine parts

- upgrade options

- interchangeability

also the tires are worn and the rims are all slightly bent on the edges, so wondering what other atvs that wheels/tires will fit mine

If this has been covered please send a link.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

i think it's a 1999. i would price yamaha parts from your dealer, then go to bikebandit.com and ebay for parts. upgrade to maybe a slip on exhaust and rejet the carb. the tires you can choose to fit your riding areas. itp tires have a good selection and are reasonably priced. your rims are 4/110 which are a very common size for the majority of the big name quads. just check your width, eg. 6", 8", 10"...

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.