Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

JustRandy

Suzuki King Quad 300 - Start-In-Gear Mod

After looking at the wire diagram I saw the blue w/black stripe wire is coming from the neutral and reverse lights looking for ground thru the neutral and reverse switches. If it finds ground, the lights come on. The same wire also comes from the neutral relay looking for ground at the same neutral and reverse switches. So it was easy to trick the relay into thinking the engine is in neutral all the time without having the light on all the time. Just cut the blue w/black wire at the relay and ground it. Easy

Sorry the pics aren't better

1018021206.jpg

1018021213.jpg

1018021224.jpg

startingear.jpg

Now it starts in any gear and indicator lights work as they should.

You still need the key to start it. And the kill switch works. Everything works the way its supposed to except you don't have to find neutral to restart it if it dies. This is the 1st mod I do to any quad I get.

The honda 250ex was a real pain and this mod was a necessity. Honda went though significant effort to stop the engine from being started except in neutral. So even if you were cruising along in 5th gear at 50mph and turned the key off and back on real fast, the engine would not run again until you come to a complete stop, find neutral, and use the starter. If the battery died, you're out of luck. It cannot be push started and there are no backup pull cords or kickers. I have no idea why honda spent so much money to accomplish this. Honda was cool in the 80s, but the way they have been trending since has left me feeling like the H-word is a black mark to be avoided.

Hey just randy, when you cut the wire at the relay do you ground it and pig tail back to the relay? or just ground?