Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

GREENIE

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 - Clutch/Transmission

:aargh:Went to go for a ride today. Started up the road and noticed i didnt have much power. In first gear its fine but all the other ones it dont have any power. when i let the clutch out it is almost to the end that it finally catches. im hoping that it is a clutch and not the transmission. Could use whatever input i can get.:mad:

Is the clutch almost out all the way in 1st before it engages as with the other gears. Like Ox said it may just need an adjustment. Have you felt it not engaging over time or was it all at once?

well i thought it just needed adjusted and now it wont even engage so it must be the clutch. the last poker run must have really don it in. it was really wet and muddy. towards the end it started acting up went i let the clutch out it would shut the engine off. it must have finally went all the way. so what kind of clutch kit do you recommend. i found a wiseco kit for $89 and an EBC for $99. barrnett and hinson are almost $200 . just wondering if they were worth it or if the cheaper kits were ok.

I would do a search for reviews on each brand barrnett & hinson are used by most pro riders for racing and are worth the money if your racing. Most products that are used in racing is built to with stand more punishment & give better performance. For wiseco & ebc I would try and find reviews on the net and see what customers have to say. If a 89 or 99 dollar kit will work for what you need I don't see spending 200.00 dollars. If a product improves the performance it's going to cost more but that dosn't mean it will last longer than a product that cost less just do some research. And this is a great site for info out of all the members I'm sure someone has used the brands you listed.

I know alot of the factory kits last alot longer than aftermarket but dont have the bite when putting down gobs of extra power. If your not racing mx or gncc go with a factory clutch kit

I know alot of the factory kits last alot longer than aftermarket but dont have the bite when putting down gobs of extra power. If your not racing mx or gncc go with a factory clutch kit

agree, hard to replace factory specs with others that will give you this; but not that ... go OEM

i dont race i just trail ride. the wiseco kit says it has the same specs as the factory kit does. im going to do a little more research on it. thanks for the help guys. much apprieciated.