Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hangingon

I think I posted about my prairie backfiring

It sounded like I was shooting a gun out the exhuast when I let off the throttle & popping thru the carbs. I thought I was going to be working on the carbs all day & then sync them so they work like they should. Well I thought I would richen them up a little first to see if that would work & there it was a missing vacum cap off of the intake where you hook up a sync tool easy fix for me and then about an hour test ride. The bad part is there may have been some foul play!

I worked on the bike too! But it was a few shorter test rides for it. If it was a taller setting bike for my size & height the test ride would be longer. I love those second gear wheelies my wife can't know about them just the fix & ride part. I think today I'm going to try different air pressure in the tires and go for a test ride! lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dhallftworth
      Hi everyone, I received a 98 Yamaha Timberwolf from my brother for free, and I'm working on getting it going. 
      I am having the following problem: 
      The engine is backfiring through the carb. 
      I have done the following to try and get the four wheeler running: 
      Rebuilt the carb and set the air screw to 1-1/4 turn out and the circlip at middle position 3
      Replaced the coil, because the cable was loose at the coil end
      Repaired the main ground, coming from the battery
      Replaced the ignition switch, because my brother couldn't find the key. New switch tested good
      Tested the kill switch and it tested good
      New coil tested goodfor both primary and secondary coils
      Pickup coil resistance is at 195, which is correct
      My source coil, is where I believe the issue is. The resistance is 310ohms, and it should be between 428-523ohms
      When I opened the stator housing, there was significant oil, which I have read is normal. Does it sound like I'm on the right track replacing the source coil? Could this be causing my backfiring issue? It looks like the source coil is part of the stator assembly, is this correct? 4BD-85510-20-00 STATOR ASSY
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks
    • By Percherongal
      Turn on key, put it in Neutral, lights on steering column light up. NO head lights and the electric start switch will not work. Let is sit for a few hours, started right up. Sat over night and same issue. Checked fuses and they were good. Battery is giving 12 volts. Opened up the ignition assembly and it isnt getting any power it comes up as a .01 on the volt meter. Pulled the spark plug to check for spark and NO spark. Will not pull start either. Unhooked the battery checked the spark while trying to pull start it and got a weak spark.
      Pushed it into the garage and it sat for 2 days. Turned the key and pushed the start button and it cranked but the spark plug wire was off so plugged the spark plug back in and pushed the start button and nothing. If you jump the solenoid it will crank over but not start. Soo confused , anyone have any ideas?
    • By a65val
      Hi all...new member here...looks like an awesome site! I searched around, but couldn't find a service manual for an 02 Prairie 650. If someone has one we could download, we"d really appreciate it! We"re needing to replace the front cylinder and head, etc. for this new machine we just bought.
      All responses appreciated. Thanks much!
    • By Quadguy420
      I recently bought a 2002 prairie second hand for 2000$ .. just for the record it has 28 inch zillas on it .. anyway . whenever i put it in any gear , it takes a second for it to engage ... and when it does it clunks into gear ... is that common for that quad for that year ? or is it cause the previous ower didn;t replace the clutch springs to heavier duty ones ?