Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ShelbyGT660

Timberwolf / Beartracker / Moto4 Mods ?

This is a line of ATV's thats been carried for over 10 years, Most the same frame/engine correct? I know this engine design is also used in other atv's, Not sure which ones though, There must be some mod's that people have done? Even mineut changes, Post em here! Would like to get ideas for mine and see what other people have done.

jetting, aftermarket exhaust, cdi, clutch kit would probably be the simplest. i'm sure you could bore out, but i don't know if it's economical or practical. i think you are limited with a 250 or 350 somewhat.

I converted mine to front and rear disc brakes and eliminated the 1st/rev lockout so I have 5 speeds in reverse if I want.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Engine Locked Up

Need help with teardown of 2001 Bayou 220.  New to atv's but not to mechanical work.  I was given this ATV and went to turn engine over by pull rope and the engine is locked up.  Pulled spark plug no change.  Was going to tear down top end.  Any suggestions or tricks before I proceed?

By viper0906, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 8 replies
    • Quadzilla XLC 500 Engine Issues

While riding my Quadzilla XLC 500 I was cruising along about 60 mph then opened it up, but once I hit 70-75 mph it died on me so I rolled to a stop and it wouldn't start for about 20-30 seconds. I then noticed the Temp light occasionally flashes on but its so quick you wouldn't notice in the day so not sure how long its been happening. The engine has started pinging when I accelerate which can be caused by many things so I drained the fuel and replaced with hi octane, fitted a new spark plug, adjusted the little washer on the high jet in the carb twice to make it run more lean which made no difference.  I tested the thermostat which opens at the correct temperature, I removed the radiator cap and started the engine and no bubbles were showing and the oil is on maximum and very clean as I have not long serviced it. The last time I took it out I went 14 miles and the coolant in the bottle has dropped about 1/2". I am now leaning towards a head gasket and have purchased a full gasket kit but was wondering if there's anything else it could be before taking the engine apart.

By Zilla28, in General ATV Discussion

• 11 replies
    • 1986 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Synthetic Engine Oil

Hey people Question for all, just picked a 1986 bayou 300 thinking of going synthetic any thoughts ?

By mmgood, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 9 replies
    • Polaris Scrambler 90 Blown Engine?

I've had my Polaris scrambler 90 for maybe 5-6 years and all this time i never mixed oil in with my gas. yesterday i was riding it and it made a screeching/popping noise than died and now it wont start anymore. Did I blow the engine or some seal and how would i fix this problem

By Ryan Parker, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 2018 Kodiak 450 Engine oil

Need some guidance  It's time for the engine 20 hour break in oil / filter replacement Of course Yamaha recommends their Yamalube for my Quad - No way to source it locally - Amazon sure but am wondering if i is really needed  Not very familiar with the Yamaha wet clutch lubrication requirements - would appreciate  some education  My 20year old  Honda with a manual tranny / auto clutch has been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic for 15 or more years with no issues      Can I use standard Castrol 10-30w dino oil? in the Yamaha How about Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w Synthetic?  in the Yamaha    Thanks for the help

By KJINTF, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 0 replies