raptor1660

2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 - Problem

I have an 01 raptor 660 that has a issue i have herd that these are common i was screwing around and my 2nd gear went, i can still shift into it and it drives but it feels like its slipping and yo can hear it grinding so i rode it home and skiped 2nd gear and went to 3rd no issue in that gear or others but 2nd. Is it the forks or the gears i am going to rip into it but want to find out what i need for parts...somone please help!!!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

you won't know until you're inside ... could be a hundred dollar part or a couple bucks ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By kingjosk12
      A week ago I could not even get close to starting it. But now I adjusted the valves (exhaust valve was not closed). i got it running but would not run without choke. i adjusted the float because it was to low tried starting it up again and it would not even start. So i went back and looked at the valves and the valve was now open again so i adjusted it and it started right up and ran perfect without choke. So i put it all back together thinking it was ready to go. Started it up and let it run for a little bit. i turned it off and tried starting it again there was NOTHING. took it apart and there was 0 compression and the exhaust valve was open again. I am completely lost need help PLEASE!!!:aargh:
    • By dblbassdrumer
      [ame]
      [/ame] only when u pull back in the clutch does it make this noise and wanna take off
    • By BCNemo
      I have a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 (YFM400FWAN©) On a recent hunting trip a problem popped up and I hope someone else has experienced this, so that I can learn from them instead of going on my own hunt for an answer.
      The Problem:
      On cold days (sub 25 degree) I choke the Kodiak and it starts instantly. It revs up and runs on "high idle" without any problem. However when I return the choke lever to its "normal" position the ATV continues to run and a very high idle. I cant put it into gear until the idle comes down, which it doesn't. In order to use the bike I have to shut it off and when I restart it I must place it into gear before the engine gets a chance to rev up. It then returns to a normal idle and the machine behaves normally. This only happens on real cold days but it is a problem I want to fix. Can anyone offer some help?