Quantcast

Suzuki ltf 160 - Carb Issues

aaronIRL

Hey guys .. i have a suzuki ltf-160 and it starts first go but when its running it wont take full throttle without backfiring or acting like its hitting the limiter.. my friend who is a mechanic reckons its a spark problem but needed more opinions... any help i greatly appreciated

Hey guys .. i have a suzuki ltf-160 and it starts first go but when its running it wont take full throttle without backfiring or acting like its hitting the limiter.. my friend who is a mechanic reckons its a spark problem but needed more opinions... any help i greatly appreciated

if you have good spark, it may be fuel or timing problem. i might check the carb again and remove as much you can with jets and check the needle and seat at your float. the valves are located at the top of the head, probably oval shaped covers, front and back, intake and exhaust, 2 or 3 screws/bolts holding them on. be careful taking them off, try and save the rubber O rings ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By bighoss
      i got my son new outlaw 50 a few weeks ago and we went rideing yesterday and while we were riding it died and it took me like 10 min to get started back and it died agen when we got close to truck so i pulled it back took the plug out it looked like it was drop in a bucket of gas took the air filter out and the ait box was full of gas also got home it started rite up today i started it it starter up but was blowing what look like water out of the exholst let it idel for a lil bit did not die but as soon as hit the gas and let off it will die what does that sound like i thnk i going to take it back to dealer and tell them to fix it as it is under warrenty but would like to know what it could be first
    • By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker