Quantcast

Yamoto 70 quad open wire? Please Help!

I just picked up a 2004 Yamoto 70 quad in a trade (for something I was hoping to get $50 for)

I am told that this is a knock off honda?...

The guy I got it from said, that he thinks the ignition coil is bad... I think the problem is much simpler & that it's just not plugged in. The attached picture is of under the seat where the battery goes.

The red and green obviously land on the battery terminals, but where does that square plug go? I can not find any open connectors...

Could there be a small harness that's missing that also lands on the battery, and connects to this plug?

Any help is appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg.b1e248afa7089fac51de0ac3decd9b7b.jpg

I've been doing a lot of research as quads are kind of foreign to me. I think you are right about the kill switch. Can anyone confirm this?

Also the piece the guy was calling an ignition coil, is just a solenoid. I will test it tonight and hopefully get this thing fire up this weekend.

That hand drawn one is nice. I'm pretty sure that clears it up.

Two more questions...

To test this solenoid do I just check for continuity between the two main post with the ignition on and the switch in the run position?

&

Does anyone have tips for tuning up a quad that has set for a couple years?

Thanks.

yes & dump the old gas, new gas with double recommended amount of seafoam, new plug and if everything starts and runs well, ride it. if hard to start could be valve lash off a bit and/or dirty carb (seafoam should take care of that, remove bowl on carb and if its really bad, soak the carb in some cleaner first)

and of course the fluids, oil and front and rear diffs...

Edited by oxidized_black

Ok, so... I put it together, put in about a gallon of gas, added some sea foam, and jumped it with a spare deep cycle battery (the battery in it needs replaced), and it fired up. It ran for about 10 seconds & stalled out. When I went to restart my battery was dead.

I guess that's good enough for tonight. I will get a new battery soon.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV