Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bagpiper22

Homemade fenders for 92 Quadrunner LTF250

Hey...

I recently picked up a '92 LTF250 for $250. Even came with a snow plow. It was pretty neglected, and missing the left rear fender and battery cover. The time chain had jumped a few teeth, but once I go that set, and set the valves, she started right up. *Fresh oil, fresh gas, and she's good to go, but not so good to look at. *This is just for our weekend place, so I don't need a beauty queen, but i wanted a fender for safety's sake.

This was how I found her...

43249f6e2fa5b0728d826f5903a04a4d_zpsa0c6fa4b.jpg

a16fb8f6ddcb962eaa224ee9d11e983d_zps5d95bffe.jpg

57075e57eb43cdd42c6169400b83d115_zps813ecd65.jpg

I wasn't about to spend $250 or so for new fenders, so I came up with a homemade version that works damn well. *It helped that it had already been painted black (was red originally).

The pictures tell the story, but basically I used a garbage can. *We needed a new one anyway, and they're only $20 for a new one at Lowe's or Home Depot. *I created a template with cardboard first, then cut it out. *Some final bending and trimming, a few dozen zip ties, and voila! *Fender! *I even used the top rim of the can as an edge for added stability. *As a bonus, I cut a piece of the leftover can for the battery cover. *You'd think it was original. *Now we're a set to ride. *Thought maybe somebody would enjoy the end result of this crazy idea...

2f3f33edadf5d80b4589e6f4a4025be9_zps2e4ec298.jpg

21087a0fd3c5e1d582b71be551ed03cc_zps1102428c.jpg

d068fe4e3a6a460184c757d248991bb7_zps9f87507b.jpg

bd9be57b41097907bfda27d321261238_zps01d58eac.jpg

8fca6c3384fb94200457cfd9a1af0a6e_zps83fedafc.jpg

66d6355cb1720795887e8391e78d9f4e_zps35b9bca1.jpgd1f07b7340f09a5c0867c810896d4f4f_zps5f146852.jpg69e4a25cf446c990cd3b692e33de664b_zpsc416ad5e.jpg

76acb4876e1bbc30eb6e700e4948a5f4_zps4ec756bf.jpg

Scott

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kevin Vlogs
      Hey Guys,
      I just bought my first Quad, a 2014 Sportsman 400 HO and want to replace the battery. It's not dead, but the voltage seems low and I'm not sure how old the battery is. What does everybody recommend for a replacement battery? Is there a difference that I should know about? I see Gel batteries, Regular Acid sealed batteries and a lot of different prices. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By kgrant
      Fixing up a 1998 King Quad 300. The rear brake was locked up, and the owner tried to force it free and snapped the axle.

I disconnected the brake cable, and tapped on the backing plate with a soft mallet to get the brake freed up. When I pulled off the brake drum a bunch of nasty rust water came out.

Once I had the axle out, I popped the boot off so I could see the inner u joint so I could phase/synchronize it with the outer. There was a flat steel disc floating around in the boot, looks like it used to be pressed into the end of the axle. Glad I got that out of there before it munched up the joint.

The book says the yokes should be aligned, I couldn't get mine aligned. They were always 7 degrees off from each other. A bit frustrating, maybe that's within the tolerance limits?

But I got it all back together and it runs great.

• By Babu Romasko
      Hey guys, got a 2016 Canam BRP and i ordered a new mirror cover from the dealer and the part is not correct.
      Can someone help me locate a part number for this cover?

Appreciate your help!

• By TWiST
      New user and first time quad owner. I recently got a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 and am really excited to start working on it! I work in IT for a living and am an experienced mechanic, so at least I am not starting at 0 haha.  Looking forward to hanging out and getting to know everybody!
    • By Brad Lawson
      Hello all, I’m working on my sons 99 Yamaha Warrior 350. When I pulled the plastic cover off left side of engine, I can see oil leak at the seal. I pulled the bolt out and then the starter boss(I guess that’s what it’s called?) I can see that the boss doesn’t make contact with the seal. Is there a spacer of some type that slides on to the boss, to make contact with the seal? This seal is held in place with a plate with 3 screws in it. This boss slides into the bearing in the stator. I have been to parts websites and I don’t see what I’m needing. Maybe it’s just the wrong seal?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By chevynova
      I have a 1988 Suzuki quadrunner 250 4wd it will run if I pop start it but it will not run if I elec. Start or pull start I repair crab four times I got spark compression is good . When it is running it runs fine but I let the gas go it dies please help thank you
    • By greatwhite
      My 2000 suzuki quadrunner 500 has a leak at the rear of the crank case cover. You can see the oil very lightly spitting out when you look at it from the rear. I first found the bolt loose and I tighten it just lightly (I think they say 8 ft pounds). That stop part of the leak, but you can still see it coming out at the gasket between the two halves.
      I am mechanically inclined, but was just wondering if there are any surprises I might be aware of when I take off the pull cord assembly, shifter ext.
      Do you think there could be any other issues when I get it apart?? Doesn't appear to be any crack and I can see it just slightly spay out right in one little spot where the bolt is.
      Any help is appreciated.
    • By oldandnew
      morning all, looking for a little help...i have little and none experience with quads, am fairly handy with diy on my truck and car so im not totally engine illiterate lol...was given an old quad, had to tow start it to load it. took it home, checked the oil, plug, carb, air filter, battery...hhmm...drained and flushed fuel tank, new fuel, spark is good, tried to battery start, wont start, tow start and off i went. warmed the engine, half hr burn, came home, wont idle and died. started off battery with thumb throttle pumping. cool! wont idle died. damn. started again off battery with thumb pumping. back in business? shut it down. checked over machine, lookin good for a free new toy lol...next day wont start...hhmm..found fuel puddle on my garage floor. traced it, carb overflow. easy fix, dirty gas means dirty carb. removed carb painstakingly slow (first time on a 4 stroke carb) and cleaned outside. on to bench, started stripping, fairly simply carb, removed floats, needle valve, jet, inspected, washed thouroughly with brake clean and blew with compressed air to dry. put together. installed. tried to start. wont start. fuel puddle on floor and that brings me here...pls help...where do i go from here?
    • By redmomat
      I have a 1994 Suzuki quad runner 250 4x4 the problems im having is that when I start it it idles really high or really low but when I shift into gear it idles fine and then when im driving if it has below half a tank it has the tendancy to die and then I have to blow into the breather tube of the gas cap then it will start up do u have any suggestions