AC400TX

Fuel Leak from Arctic Cat Carb Vent Hose Help!

18 posts in this topic

I installed a SuperTrapp Mudslinger and a K&N yesterday and took my AC 400 out for a test ride today to see how it was running.

During my ride, I noticed a fuel leak that appears to be coming from the carb vent hose.

The carb is bone stock, and hasn't been touched. I wanted to see how it was running before planning any jetting.

What does this mean? How worried should I be?

wen u were putting ur k&n on did u take anything off.. u sure it was the vent hose.. did u begin to loose power? and was it a drip or a stream

Nope, didn't take anything off, other than the stock filter.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was coming from the vent hose.

The hose was a little wet on the end and smelled like gas, and there was a little bit of gas right below it on the skid plate.

There was no noticeable power loss.

I'm not sure if it was a drip or a stream. It wasn't running when I noticed the gas on the skid plate, and after that, I was worried, so I loaded it up.

well i dont know if the new cats just have the vent hanging mine doesnt its attached to the frame.. but just to make sure take a look around the carb just to checkif nothing fell out of place... fire up ur atv for about five seconds and see how it is if it is just a drip or a stream.. if the hose is long enough mount it to ur frame using zip ties dont tighten them... it could just be that your vent tube came loose and the gas came out of it because it was hanging lower then the carb..or u can go the safe way and call ur dealer

I think I figured out what's causing my gas leak.

After looking at it again today and thumbing through the manual, I found that the float bowl has a drain screw and hose.

I think my drain screw might have backed out, and that's what's causing the leak. I'm going to check this week to be sure.

did u jet ur carb at all.. if not i suggest u do because with that k&n and the new exhast the engine is breathing better and the oil to gas ratio is probably out of wack... remove ur spark plug and tell me what color it is if u havent done any of this... also for the k&n did u add a pre-filter if not i suggest u do because the grooves in the filter let in a lot of crap and will get in ur carb pre-filters are only a few buck and is well worth it

did u jet ur carb at all.. if not i suggest u do because with that k&n and the new exhast the engine is breathing better and the oil to gas ratio is probably out of wack...

Oil/Gas ratio???

yea thats wat a dyno jet is for.. theirs other reasons for it..but if u get an exhaust like he has which is a supertrapp it should come with replacement jetting.. now when u add the exhaust and the filter the engine is breathing a lot better do to more air coming in and more carbon dioxide going out.. now do to this their is more air going in then their is gas the jet kit just regulates that flow or makes it equal so u dont fowl plugs do to gas not burning right and it sticks to the plug and potentially ruin it..maybe.. if it is running to lean then the plug will be a a specific color and if it is running to rich the plug will be another color.. the best for ur plug to be at is chocolaty color if im not mistaken..

someone else can fill in some missing information someone who is a little older still learning a lot of things tinkering so if i make a mistake be gentle

I wasn't questioning the jetting thing. Don't you mean air/gas ratio. To adjust the oil/gas ratio you need a 2 stroke.

I think I figured out what's causing my gas leak.

After looking at it again today and thumbing through the manual, I found that the float bowl has a drain screw and hose.

I think my drain screw might have backed out, and that's what's causing the leak. I'm going to check this week to be sure.

Did this fix your problem?

I wasn't questioning the jetting thing. Don't you mean air/gas ratio. To adjust the oil/gas ratio you need a 2 stroke.

thank u bot ur absolutely right i didnt even realize yea i meant air/gas ratio..was not thinking straight yet again..sorry

Edited by Stoopidbot1

thank u bot ur absolutely right i didnt even realize yea i meant air/gas ratio..was not thinking straight yet again..sorry

Just razzing you!!!