drboesch

1987 TRX200sx Stops running

4 posts in this topic

I have a hard starting trx200. When I use starter fluid it will start for a few seconds and die. I cleaned it and replaced spring for choke. Still doesn't start. Spark is good and starter cranks good. Any ideas would be appreciated. I do have a second carb to replace it with but if I can fix it easily the better as these take a bit to tear apart.

Thanks Ron

First, take the fuel line off the carb and turn the petcock on, if fuel pours out, then tap on the sides of the float bowl, you may just have a stuck float. If that still doesn't work, take the carb off and take it completely apart and clean everything, also check the float adjustment. If no fuel comes out of the fuel line when you pull it of the carb, then your problem is a bad petcock, clogged fuel line, filter or blockage in the tank. If the machine has been sitting for a while, I would definately start with fresh gas and give the inside of the carb a look.

Thanks I will give that a try first. I know what I am doing this Saturday. I will post back what happens. Thanks again.