Quantcast

Anyone use Niche parts?

I just ordered a Niche flywheel for my Suzuki Eiger project, ill see how it works out, interesting they only manufacture about 3 flywheels and mine was one of them, but that flywheel fits a multitude of bikes. I was looking at one on Ebay said it had a 6 yr warranty but wouldn't tell me the manufacturer only that its made in China, im sure that would be fun trying to cash in on that warranty, in other words I don't believe it, OEM doesnt even give that kind of warranty.

This is one bad review that I have found:

Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Updated Jun 6, 2023
Verified

They sent me a defective top end…

They sent me a defective top end rebuild kit for my rhino and waited over 3 days to decide whether or not they want to replace it even though it arrived defective. I asked several times for a return slip so I could get it replaced and they failed to provide one. I ended up eating the return fee just to get my money back. I will never buy another product from their company directly and I have let my friends know about my experience so they don't either.

Date of experience: May 10, 2023

All the other reviews were 5 star, Just a comment here if I was ordering one I would go through Amazon because if you get no response from the seller , Amazon will take care of it and very effectively, they have done it for me several times, you just have to make an effort to contact the seller first.

$88.00 is too cheap !  I'd be suspicious at that price...  even for my own personal use.

It could be a cheap way to get some parts though. I might for instance inspect each part and decide some were usable with the old cylinder, or that the cylinder looked passable but the piston or pin were rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think cheap parts are cheap for no reason, and even if they make them out of jap spec aluminium casting material(which is a standard), they can vary greatly and have different characteristics after a run.

The spec for casting aluminium are loose enough to give a bit of leeway about it's exact composition, and some of it gets harder after being normally hot, and some gets softer after being normally hot, and some that gets soft after normal use gets harder after an overheat, and some that normally toughens after normal running gets soft after an overheat. It also varies in it's expansion rates. Then there are differences with cycling of heat, some responds well to heat cycling, and some does not..

The jap manufacturers are very particular about what exact composition their casting aluminum is, and we pay for their expertise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...