Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dglover1226

no bottom end in my 2001 raptor

I have a 01 raptor and recently had to bore it out to a 686 because it sucked in a bunch of sand. Now I have no torque or power in the first third of the throttle. I am hoping that someone else knows what is going on with it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Twilight228
      Good Morning All!,
      After a significant amount of reading and tinkering, I'm stumped.  We have a pair of Arctic Cat DVX 90s (4-stroke), and one of them runs very rich at wide open throttle.  I've cleaned the carb (which was installed new  last year), verified the main jet (80) to be per the original spec, installed a new air filter, tried a hotter spark plug (CR6HSA), and adjusted the valves (tightened a modest 0.0005" but improved starting).  The hotter spark plug may have help just a bit, but not appreciably.
      Just for fun, I swapped the CDI between machines, and that didn't help either.
      Fouling plugs very quickly, but not to the point the machine will not run or start.  [black instantly]
      Logically, I assume I'm revving out, but the other machine doesn't "stumble/blubber" anything like this one.
      Should I try a smaller main jet?
      Any ideas you guys may have would be much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance everyone.
    • By dave3dracing
      Hi, I'm a new member
      Just bought a used 08 350 raptor with about 5 hours on it ( very clean ). Started fine when we got it. Now after a few mods (bumper, skid plates, air filter) Now will not start unless you pull in the clutch. I've checked just about everything and also checked that there is no pinched wires. Anybody have any ideas?:bangheadc: Thanks, Dave
    • By Daniel Gibson
      Have a 08 raptor brought to me a couple months ago. Got it on a trade for house remodel. Bike has around 30 hours. No that's not a typo thirty verifiable hours. The main Yamaha tech has put hands on this bike. Always Been reallyhard to start. If it does it runs really good. That's the kicker...IF! It started out intermittent now it's no spark at all. Everything ignition related is brand new. It all checks out good but still won't do it. Please help

• By oxidized_black
      2008 Yamaha Raptor 250 Service Manual
      View File 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250 Service Manual
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Yamaha ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By Bits52
      Thank you for your help, just got quad for my daughter n needs a little work [email protected]
      It's actually a 2002 , just found serial number. Thanks for any help that you can !
    • By switch
      I have a really dumb question. My big bear came half apart and I am not sure how the timing chain guide is supposed to sit in there. I have the entire top end cleaned, bored, new piston, gaskets, etc. I do not see anywhere in any manual or thread where it shows how the chain guide is installed or held on place????? Also should it be the same height as the other side???
    • By biggreen2010
      ok it will start up an run but quits a lot till it gets warm, but has a bad miss an wont idle, I have a brand new Honda carb on it, good gas flow, new plug, but when I let the throttle go below a quarter, it backfires through carb an tail pipe:confused: so it has never had any electrical work or mechanical work done...it just started all the sudden, I'm think it may have ignition coil breaking down, or cdi box going bad...anyone had this trouble before? let me know what you did to fix it. thanks:skeptic:
    • By higdon87
      Need some help i have a 2001 400ex that smokes on start up and smokes even more when you give it throttle. I just noticed that it leaks oil at the header and motor connect. I just got it from a guy that said he rebuilt the top half and he told me that the valves needed to be adjusted. But what will make it leak? Thanks in advance