Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

raceware

Need a Good Problem Solver...Scrambler 90

I have a 2001 90 Scrambler, runs for about 50 feet & dies, after it stops electric starter barely spins it, kicks over fine but won't start again for about 5 minutes, then same thing. I just got thru installing new piston & jug, new carb with electric choke. Just needed to replace the choke it wasn't working right but I thought I was purchasing just the choke but was surprised when the new carb came in, FYI the new carb is longer in height than the original if anyone thinks that might be the issue. Tried moving the needle around , check gas petcock getting good gas.. I installed piston with arrow pointing down or front of motor.....I am baffled. Need a Good problem solver!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The polaris mini stators are well known to go bad.

I think you have the piston correct but:: arrow toward exhaust.

Go to atv connection and ask "old polaris tech" :)

My first step in problem solving is always the simple stuff first! I would try it again with the tools needed in my back pocket to pull the spark plug. Ride till it stops, yank the plug quickly and 1)-look for spark 2)-check to see if plug is wet or dry! That one test will lead you to the start of your correct action plan :).