Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

toonces

How do you secure your machine?

For the time being I'm gonna have to let the old 4x4 sit out back next to my garage. But I'm not too happy with it just sitting out in the open and I'm wondering what would be a good way to deter thieves. First it'll be covered of course from top to bottom. Second I guess I'll be digging big a** hole and filling it with probably around 500lbs of concrete with a giant 1" diameter loop of rod sticking out the top. It'll actually be a huge U-bolt clamp I'll get from a local fastener company. Using this I'll try to physically secure it looping some hardened chain through what part of the atv I don't know.

Only other idea (which is a bit far fetched I'll admit) is to hook up some kind of alarm system by way of a cable like you see sometimes on store merchandise out for display. I assume it would be hooked up to a loud speaker. Again I know this one is going somewhat overboard but considering how easily the quad could be jacked it might be the one deterrent that keeps it safe.

Open to your suggestions

PS. Don't really live in a bad neighborhood but the neighborhood kids are through my back yard all the time especially at night...thus the need for security.

Edited by toonces

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1993 Kawasaki bayou 400 help been sitting in barn

I was given a 93 bayou 400 that has been sitting in a barn since some time in 94, hardly any use. The story behind it is the owner poured some gas out of a can full of trash and stopped the carb up. His meth head son took the carb off to rebuild it and got locked up, carb lost in the wind. The bike has been sitting covered ever since. The front rack and bumper has been misplaced but the rest of the bike is there and after washing off some dust it looks like a brand new bike. Still has the little tits on factory dry rotted tires. The old man is supposed to look for the missing parts but I don't have high hopes of them turning up. Just ordered a carb for it and now looking for missing front pieces. My main question is how much in common does the 400 share with the 300? Seems locally the 400 bayous are as rare as unicorn tears but I find 300 parts bikes all over for next to nothing. I looked on fleabay and seems most of the racks and bumpers on there look like they have been in a demo derby and cost way more than I'm willing to spend for something all beat to crap. If I knew the 300 stuff would indeed work I can pick up a whole bike minus the engine locally for $50.  Not tying to do a pebbles beach restro but just a nice atv we can work around the farm on while spending as little as possible. Most likely throw some 26's under it and also let dad deer hunt off it.

By neo71665, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 13 replies
    • Big Bear 350 been sitting for 10 years - I can't get it into neutral

Helping my Father-in-Law get his 1987 (I think) Big Bear 350 running so he can sell it. I can't get it into neutral (or don't know how) so I can pressure wash it before starting repairs. See photo. Clutch is hard to operate. I clicked down on the shift pedal to what I think is 1st then pulled up one click, but it's still in gear. The brake drum is stuck and the electrical system needs tracing out. How can I get it in neutral or just get the wheels rolling?

By Txbigbear, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 12 replies
    • Happy Father's Day

I would like to take a second to say happy Father's day to all of the dad's out there... :woot:

By Stoopidbot1, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 15 replies
    • Amazon Prime Day - Garage Gadgets

news Great deals on garage products and accessories For Amazon Prime Day, we rounded up some great deals on products available on Amazon that would be great additions to any off-road fanatic’s garage or shop. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
    • Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend!

By Ajmboy, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 35 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content