Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ryan93

need help with tire sizing and tread type

my atv and the internet are telling me two different tire sizes that are way off and need help figuring it out..PLEASE HELPP

First of all, what kind of four wheeler, if it is sport and you are looking to do cross country type riding, I recommend razors by maxxis. They are designed by a cross country champion. Great drifting and good hookup.

On 12/1/2015 at 8:52 AM, ryan93 said:

my atv and the internet are telling me two different tire sizes that are way off and need help figuring it out..PLEASE HELPP

First we'd  need to  know  what   make and model  of ATV you  are talking  about. Knowing that ,    a member  can tell you  what the stock dimensions of the tire  it requires are. Tread pattern recommendations would  depend on the  kind  of terrain you expect to do the bulk  of your riding  on. Tread  patterns  for  mud  and  sand are  much different  for those  for  hard  ground, rock climbing  and  higher speed travel  on  reasonably level  ground .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By toonces
      Doing the first big maintenance on the old 2011 700 Grizz and have a couple q's.
      I've been told that Hondas take only a certain type of coolant and now I'm wondering about my Yamaha. Is there a certain type of coolant I need to look for or will general coolants be good enough?
      And second...I'm gonna use the No Toil stuff to clean and oil my air filter. Are there different types of No Toil cleaners and filter oils where I need to look for a specific type, or is there just one to get...the No Toil Evolution Kit? And if there are different types whats the type of oil No Toil makes that is right for my air filter?
      Thanks.
    • By jbsowers10
      I have a 1997 Polaris sport 400l what type of oil can I use other than the Polaris oil. I have found online that it is a 10w-30 or 10w-40. the other problem its a 2 stroke so do I put 2 stroke oil or just regular oil I need help. thanks to everyone that reads this im new to the atv world
    • By auburnfan327
      I have a 2007 Honda Recon ES and need some new tires. The stock tire sizes are 22x10-9 and 22x7-11. I'm looking at some Carlisle AT489 tires but the closest sizes i can find are 22x10-10 and 22x7-12. Will they fit? Thanks.
    • By fiddlebick
      I am repairing my 100 for the grandkids, the rear axle pinion gear is chewed up, but luckily I found a used on from an old moto 4 80cc that is interchangeable...I only had to change out the axle hubs, and they are splined, so that was easy. I now need to fill the rear casing with grease, as I cleaned all the old grease out. What should I use for this? It is sealed when assembled, with no way to check it or fill it further. Any help is appreciated.
    • By rockwell16
      great tire brands Green ball ,ITP, Maxxis and bighorn
      (GREAT NEWS ON A 2X4 YOU CAN MIX TIRE ON THE FRONT AND BACK LET ME EXPLAIN THAT MORE BACK TIRES LETS SAY YOU GO WITH THE GREEN BALL SPARTACUS TIRES ON THE BACK YOU CAN GO WITH THE MAXXIS X PATTERN FRONT TIRES CANT DO THAT ON A 4X4