Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jw7054

New quad time, but which one?

Alright so I know that they all have their goods and bads. My options are the raptor 660 or 700(probably 700), ds650, outlaw 525, predator 500, or trx700. Before you rant and say this one is the period, I will have a budget of around $3000 tops. So that is however much I spend. After buying a raptor(660), ds650 and predator, I would have at absolute most $1000 dollars left. How ever with the raptor 700, outlaw 525, and trx I would be surprised to have any money left over. Now the extra money

Now what I know, the ds650 is a pig stock, needs uncorked and tuned and has no reverse but can be a beast and rides good, the raptor 700 is a wheelier and way better than the 660 but neither can hill climb very well, the 660 is tippy and weaker and hard to tune. The outlaw is fast and expensive but rides like a dream but can't power slide, the predator is okay. Good power good shocks, just a good quad but has some reliability issues. And the trx700xx that is a dream but is like 4k and don't come up from sale much. Correct me if I am wrong with any of these statements. So which would u choose AND WHY, I don't give a shit that u can owned a Yamaha since they started making em, why would u choose the one u chose. Thanks, and yes I did post this on multiple forums to get more views and more responses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By HeWasRidinDirty
      This 700 was run out of oil. Seized the con rod to the crank....yada yada. So, I rebuilt the engine and now it will start and run for about 5 seconds and die. I replaced the fuel pump with a cheapie from ebay and it didn't change. I replaced the O-rings on the injector and still didn't change. So, the tech at the Yamaha shop said that the most likely problem is the cheapo fuel pump. I got another more expensive one and it still didn't change things. I asked him where the power to the injector comes from and he said the CDI box. But since the thing does run a little, he  ruled that out. Any thoughts?????
    • By Matthew Alloway
      What are the best performance upgrades for an outlaw 90. 
    • By Ben T
      I purchased 2 Yamaha Raptor 125s a few months ago and I purchased a membership here to be able to access the service manual. I have looked at the service manual multiple times in the past month but I don’t see it here anymore in the download section! Can someone help me and tell me how to access this manual again?
    • By MarkinAR
      View File 2011 Yamaha Raptor YFM125RA Service Manual
      2011 Yamaha Raptor YFM125RA Service Manual
      Submitter MarkinAR Submitted 06/17/2020 Category Yamaha ATV  
    • By derek09
      hi is it possible to have the software for the Pim1 (ems) for raptor 700 thank you !!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Atvandy
      Hi there have just bought a quad which i believe to be either a 125 or 150 2 stroke on vin plate it says make pony anyone ever herd of it ?

• By h1000101b
      STREET LEGAL - ONE OF A KIND HARLEY DAVIDSON 4-WHEELER $9,500 OBO Sporster 883 bored to 1200cc built into a Street Legal Licensed and Insured 4-Wheeler. It has 400ex front end, 250r Rear end. All chromed out with new black gloss paint. I have a $500 Dakota Digital Speedometer to go with it (needs installed). I also have an extra rear gear and extra set of off-road mud tires and rims. Brakes need to be adjusted, and there's a few other touch ups that will place it into show quality. I haven't started it in a while. Ran Great last run. This bike has over $20k invested in work and time. It will go about 120 mph or more. With the other gear it will go about 60 mph. It rides great on and off road. It brings trophies and turns heads at shows. Shoot me a message or offer if interested. (May entertain trades). I will entertain any offers. This is your only chance to own a Street Legal 4 wheeler. Currently titles and registered in KY.

• By Dana Hudson
      Hey everyone, hoping to get some help here... my kids 03 KTF 50 Quad has always ran great... they were riding it a couple of hours a few days ago and it died a couple of times (not normal) but started right back up. A few days later my 5 year old wanted to take it for a spin so I started it (2 pulls) and he took off.. he made it a couple hundred yards and it died and we havnt been able to start it since. I have new gas, good spark and 120 psi compression.. it will not start with starter fluid in the intake or even in the cylinder.. the fuel bowl has fuel at the carb... what am I missing? It’s driving me crazy!!
    • By oxidized_black
      tag : zukifreak

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.