Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sign in to follow this  
ATVNetwork

Kawasaki KXT450 Trike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) Runs Bad

Hey I have a 97 bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) that i bought for 1000 last June and sunk another 1000 into it already.  When i went to look at it, the seller had warmed it up before hand (he was riding it when I got there).  it ran good so i bought it and took it home that evening... next morning it wouldn't hardly start.  I discovered the carb was clogged, there was chunks of rust in the fuel valve, the choke lever was missing and other things.  I have since cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel valve and gas lines and cleaned out the gas tank and cap.   Enough background on it, the problem is this:  It floods if i push it past half throttle in 4th and 5th gear even going downhill and shifting correctly.  It also has to idle and warm up when you first start it which is really annoying now that its cold...  It also smokes blue smoke for about 15 seconds when started cold-  does not smoke at all once warm but the exhaust still smells like burnt metal.  A friend told me that it didn't have enough compression.  I also found out that the valves are a common cause for low compression on Kawasakis..  I have never adjusted valves before-  the most I've ever got into a engine was a head gasket on a riding mower so I'm new to this.  My goal is to get this bike running and starting cold like a top-  should i tear down and rebuild the top end?  What should i try first?  I tore the carb apart and rebuilt it and fiddled with the air screw and nothing changed.  I also ordered a compression test kit that should be coming in soon. Ive also considered just selling it for like $500 and taking the hit-  Id rather not sink too much more into this machine..  lol

By JacobSlabach, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 236 replies
    • Kawasaki Bayou 220 - No Spark

hi all first post just found forum and the manuals / wiring diagram BIG THANK YOU im struggling to find the vin number on my frame? I m told left side of frame , lower, nr. in front of the gear pedal ?? haven't found it yet , is it numbers stamped on the frame or a commission plate ?? main prob. no spark no power to coil , off to study the wiring info I've just found thanks again. tom

By tomlad, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 1988 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Issues

Evening folks I have a 1988 bayou 220 quad that has a damaged stator and been lying about for a few years. Recently I got the chance of a 1996 bayou 220 that had also been sitting for a few years so I decided I would try and make 1 good bike out of the 2. The 96 frame was rotten so I decided to use my original 88. I swapped the magneto and stator over from the 96 bike but then noticed that the magneto and stator wiring was slightly different so I decided best thing to do would be to change the wiring loom over. Having done this I ran into issues connecting my original run stop switch and push button start. The 96 loon had a connector with 6 wires where as the 88 had a 4 wire connector and a 3 wire connector. I sorted this by making up a conversion harness using the 2 looms but still the push button start would not work. I have now solved this by using some of the spare wires left beside the ignition key connectors and a relay. So now I have the engine turning over with the starter button. But sadly I have no spark. On checking the Cdi unit I have found that I have 6 wires going into the cdi unit but all the wiring diagrams I've seen only show 5 for the 96 model. The extra wire I have is a grey wire which has a loose unattached end beside the ignition switch. Does anyone know where this grey wire needs to be attached.  Thank you to anyone who has read this sorry it's so long but wanted to try and give the full story.

By nwr161282, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 1995 Kawasaki Bayou 220 - No Spark Issues

Ok here is what happened. I notice a four wheeler at sitting in the weeds at my moms house.she said it had been there about a year and that she got tired of messing with it and told me to take it. i cleaned up the carb real good (it was pretty nasty) and put it back on, cleaned out the gas tank , put some gas in it. i was surprised but it started and ran fairly well. i rode it a few times, never for very long and then my little girl lost the key to it. since i couldn't find it i decided to just use a toggle switch and bypass ignition. when i got it hooked up for some reason i pushed the kill switch on the handlebar to off. when i did that i heard a pop which turned out to be the fuse. slid that switch back over, replaced the fuse, and tried to start it but no luck. It had been running good enough that it would start first pull with the rope. now it is not getting any fire to the plug. Does anybody know where i need to start troubleshooting the issue or why it blew the fuse. Any help will be appreciated.

By cbbubby78, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • About ATVs

We are starting this topic so that members can share their view about ATVs; what they are used for, types, etc. This topic is intended to help new members and visitors and generally those that don't know much about ATVs and would like to learn. So anything you can add to this topic that you feel would benefit a new comer, please add a reply..

By quadcrazy, in General ATV Discussion

• 26 replies