Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

rev21man

89 Suzuki lt250s valve adjustment

Hey guys 

I need some help finding the cover to see if the piston is in top dead center to adjust the valves.  This is a kick starting model. Also I had rebuilt the carb yesterday,  I pulled a bone head move and forgot to count the turns on the jet and idle air mixture screw. Can you please help. 

Thank you 

One and a half to to two turns on the carb screw is the normal amount. As for finding tdc, you will have a screw that goes into the case on the left side of quad. It is an about 1/2" plug that unscrews. In screw it and spin the motor over until u get a "T" and that means ur at top dead center

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I removed the bolt on left side of the cylinder. I cannot see a T . Is there a certain angle I need to look to see it?

thanks 

What you need to remove depends on if it's the chain or shaft drive. It should be detailed on those pages I sent you.

Thanks 

it is a chain drive. I thought that the engine side cover would have to come off. 

Have a merry Christmas 

Merry Christmas and best of luck. Just let me know if you need any more pages from the manual.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By stinky
      I have an Outlaw 110 that will struggle to turn the engine over. Jump starting doesn't help other than the battery will drain LONG before the bike eventually starts, so is required. If you keep messing with it long enough it will eventually magically begin to crank fine and sometimes finally start. Once we finally get the bike to start and warm it up thoroughly, it will turn over and start just fine the rest of the day like nothing ever happened... next day it won't turn over again.  Internet research has found lots of people saying they replaced starters, starter clutch, wiring, etc. but with only about 50/50 success rate for their particular problems... and I never found anybody describing a problem like mine, so I'm looking for advice/experience. Would rather not just start blindly throwing parts at it. Does anybody have any thoughts/ideas?
    • By Kevin_Leduc
      I bought a 2003 Polaris Sportsman 500 3 weeks ago for $2000 and the seller only gave a quick test drive to show everything worked. After 2 hours running it died on my son (he may have swamped it). It would not restart, so the local Polaris dealer picked it up and did not see usual signs of water intake. Back firing out the exhaust. They are pulling the head to look at piston/rings but they are not sure if there are gearcase issues. Roughly $1000 for them to bore out for new piston, more if gearcase issues. My question- how much $ should I throw at this? Just looking for an ATV to go with our 2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 that my boys can run around the yard with (no long trail rides). I can (but don't want to) put another $1000-2000 into this, or should I just call it a loss and sell it for parts? I still need to get another ATV and don't want to risk getting someone else's problems. Thanks for all and any help!
    • By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Kawasaki 650 Prairie.Have just had carbs rebuilt($950 bill) & it still pops back through carbs.Mostly at 1/4-1/2 throttle.What can I tell mechanic to do when I take it back?(A Kawasaki dealer mechanic)
    • By JacobSlabach
      got a big bear I'm working on for a guy and it was flooding gas out into the air box, but still running.  I pulled the carb and its beat up just like his other bike I worked on for him (the bayou 220).  Its a weird carb tho:  the throttle comes in at two locations.  it has a plunger and a butterfly.  Is this necessary and could I just switch to a butterfly carb?  The problem with it is it has a broken float fork (the metal piece that holds the float pivot in place.  I'm assuming it is causing the flooding.  also the rest of the carb is well worn out and most of the screws are stripped telling me that it has been fiddled with too much by someone who didnt know what they were doing.  Also, the oil temp light is turns when key is turned and then goes off after a second- dont know if thats supposed to happen or not.