Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hunterhudgens11

1987-1998 big bear 350 2wd bogging down

I have a big bear 350 from somewhere between 1987-1998 that I'm having some issues with. Whenever I get onto the gas quickly it bogs it down and if you don't let off it dies, even when it is warmed up. The only way it doesn't is if you slowly ease onto the gas. Could a part be bad in the carb? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm gonna include just regular pictures of it also21d92e4ea831767f997ae2ea10d3808c.jpgd74c13c4247f8650c0412227c4dfcdbc.jpg55b73ae85aae371a6c5dd0c0c875610f.jpgacba6b8563b7a97f6f2c414b11781966.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I have a big bear 350 from somewhere between 1987-1998 that I'm having some issues with. Whenever I get onto the gas quickly it bogs it down and if you don't let off it dies, even when it is warmed up. The only way it doesn't is if you slowly ease onto the gas. Could a part be bad in the carb? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm gonna include just regular pictures of it also. I don't know how to check replies so just message me with any info u have 21d92e4ea831767f997ae2ea10d3808c.jpgd74c13c4247f8650c0412227c4dfcdbc.jpg55b73ae85aae371a6c5dd0c0c875610f.jpgacba6b8563b7a97f6f2c414b11781966.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1995 Bayou 220 no spark issues

can someone tell me what could be the problem if the electric start doesn't turn the motor over but sparkplug fires like crazy but the pull rope turns the motor but no fire on spark plug. thanks for any advice in advance . cbbubby78

By cbbubby78, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 1988 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Issues

Evening folks I have a 1988 bayou 220 quad that has a damaged stator and been lying about for a few years. Recently I got the chance of a 1996 bayou 220 that had also been sitting for a few years so I decided I would try and make 1 good bike out of the 2. The 96 frame was rotten so I decided to use my original 88. I swapped the magneto and stator over from the 96 bike but then noticed that the magneto and stator wiring was slightly different so I decided best thing to do would be to change the wiring loom over. Having done this I ran into issues connecting my original run stop switch and push button start. The 96 loon had a connector with 6 wires where as the 88 had a 4 wire connector and a 3 wire connector. I sorted this by making up a conversion harness using the 2 looms but still the push button start would not work. I have now solved this by using some of the spare wires left beside the ignition key connectors and a relay. So now I have the engine turning over with the starter button. But sadly I have no spark. On checking the Cdi unit I have found that I have 6 wires going into the cdi unit but all the wiring diagrams I've seen only show 5 for the 96 model. The extra wire I have is a grey wire which has a loose unattached end beside the ignition switch. Does anyone know where this grey wire needs to be attached.  Thank you to anyone who has read this sorry it's so long but wanted to try and give the full story.

By nwr161282, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • 1995 Kawasaki Bayou 220 - No Spark Issues

Ok here is what happened. I notice a four wheeler at sitting in the weeds at my moms house.she said it had been there about a year and that she got tired of messing with it and told me to take it. i cleaned up the carb real good (it was pretty nasty) and put it back on, cleaned out the gas tank , put some gas in it. i was surprised but it started and ran fairly well. i rode it a few times, never for very long and then my little girl lost the key to it. since i couldn't find it i decided to just use a toggle switch and bypass ignition. when i got it hooked up for some reason i pushed the kill switch on the handlebar to off. when i did that i heard a pop which turned out to be the fuse. slid that switch back over, replaced the fuse, and tried to start it but no luck. It had been running good enough that it would start first pull with the rope. now it is not getting any fire to the plug. Does anybody know where i need to start troubleshooting the issue or why it blew the fuse. Any help will be appreciated.

By cbbubby78, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • 1985 Honda TRX250 shifter issues

I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?

By Flanstone, in Honda ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • 97 Polaris sportsman 500 runs about 10 sec then dies

Hello, Everyone first time here, I appreciate this opportunity, I have a 97 polaris sportsman 500 that I just acquired, been sitting awhile ,would not turn over with a new battery, replaced the starter, got it to turn over, but no fire, replaced the coil, cdi box, new spark plug, spark plug wire and boot, still no fire, So I changed out the stator, boom I have Fire, Carburetor was in bad shape ,so I installed a new carburetor, a new fuel pump and filter and all new hoses, and before I tried to start it I cleaned the fuel tank, well here we go, It started right up idled like a brand new one, Idled for about 10 seconds and died, fired right back up idled great and revved up great, but in 10 seconds it died, fired right back up, this time I held the throttle about half throttle, and it kept running, but when I let off it died, so I then adjusted the throttle cable from all the way tight to all the way loose, and vise versa, still the same thing, Please somebody help, cause I'm bout to give it the HAMMER TEST.   

By Danny Gardner, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 23 replies