Quantcast

Mayday Mayday Mayday 92 LT250r HELP!!! front drive sprocket guard HELP!!!

DemonQuad666

Finally unboxed my project motor today. Once again I was misinformed on what the exact issues were. Turns out my Sprocket Guard is missing and now I know why. It seems both bolt mount holes are completely Jacked the Effen hell up. With out replacing the Crank case I am completely stumped on what I can do to even Install a replacement guard. Or for that matter safely operate this machine with out the guard in place... Please anyone with a thought, suggestion, or comment besides I'm completely screwed would be very helpful... Until then, Deuces!!

IMG_20171203_155426140_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171203_155430113_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171203_155434285_HDR.jpg

Is there  enough  depth left in the  bolt  holes to deepen  the threads enough to  hold  a  new  guard  on ? You  might  be  able  to  drill  them  a  little  deeper  if  necessary  and if   you  break  into the  interior  of the  case , you could  use sealant on the  bolts .  You'd  need to  make  sure  the  bolts  are  long enough to  hold without being so  long  as to  not  tighten  down  if the  bottom  out  or interfere with the  internals  if  they  holes got right into  the  interior of the  case. I'd  smooth out  both mounting points and cut  spacers  to  bring them  out  to  original length if you  can  find  a   new, old stock  or  used  guard, or  if unable to  do  that   fab  up   a new  sprocket  guard  yourself.

9 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Is there  enough  depth left in the  bolt  holes to deepen  the threads enough to  hold  a  new  guard  on ? You  might  be  able  to  drill  them  a  little  deeper  if  necessary  and if   you  break  into the  interior  of the  case , you could  use sealant on the  bolts .  You'd  need to  make  sure  the  bolts  are  long enough to  hold without being sgoo  long  as to  not  tighten  down  if the  bottom  out  or interfere with the  internals  if  they  holes got right into  the  interior of the  case. I'd  smooth out  both mounting points and cut  spacers  to  bring them  out  to  original length if you  can  find  a   new, old stock  or  used  guard, or  if unable to  do  that   fab  up   a new  sprocket  guard  yourself.

The top Hole I believe still has enough threads. the bottom on the other hand I could only get about two maybe two and a half threads in. Brutha Dave, thank you!!!! I am going to look heavily into your spacer idea. The bottom hole for sure. I can MIG weld it on when I repair the Chassis. ill check with Fastnel and Bel Metric and see what they have in way of spacers with the correct threading. Now to try and locate the guard....

Thanks again Bro!

You  can  make  your  own  spacers  out  of aluminum  round stock .  Drill  and  tap the  spacers  if  you're  going to  weld  them  on;  otherwise  through  drill  them   and  deepen  the  holes in the  case to re-thread  them. .  Use  sealant  on the   new  bolts  if  you  break  into the interior  of the  case.  Make  sure  new  bolts  don't  interfere with  the  internal  parts. If  welding spacers  on the  case, be  very  careful not to  warp  the case or damage the bearing and seal  behind the   output sprocket.

• Thanks 1