Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mywifeknowseverythin

TECH TIP!!!! Upgrade to POWER WINDOWS!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2000 Arctic Cat 500 no power

I traded my dirt bike for a 2000 arctic cat 500 semi automatic. when i went to go pick it up the guy said it didn't get spark, so i thought it was going to be something simple like a coil. well it wasn't. first thing i did was take all the plastics off to get easy asses to every thing. so i bought a brand new battery for it seeing if it got power, it didn't. the dash wouldn't light up neither would the lights, so then i tried to see if the starter worked it didn't so i jumped the solenoid and the starter started turning over the motor. so i bought a new starter solenoid, when i installed it the electric start still wouldn't work , so i bought a new kill switch and starter switch that goes on the handle bars, when i installed it, the electric start still wouldn't work. so then i went to see if i could get spark by pull starting it, i didn't get any spark, so i bought a new spark plug, and guess what, still no spark, so then i bought a new coil for it to see if that would fix it. so i installed the new coil and guess what no spark still and still no power to the dash. so to sum it up i'm not getting any power any where to the four wheeler. so i cleaned all the leads and plugs and still nothing. so then yesterday i took the wiring apart to see if their was any frayed wires, and no their wasn't. does any one have any ideas what this could be i'm up for anything. also if any one knows how to bypass all the wiring just to get it to start i open to that to, or if someone knows where  i can get a wiring diagram.

By skymankila69, in Arctic Cat ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • Yamaha moto 4 250 low power

Hey guys I have a Yamaha moto 4 250 that was running great now all of a sudden I have low power. It starts up and idles great and engine sounds fine no knocking or ticking or anything like that. I can ride it and sometimes its like you flicked a switch and the power comes back for a minute and then it goes away again. I've changed the spark plug, cleaned the carb and it made no difference. I'm thinking the stator could be going bad but id like to find out more before I spend the money on it. 

By moto4guy, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Honda 450 Foreman - Valve Adjustment (video)

In this video, Jonathan checks and adjusts the valves clearances on a Honda Foreman 450. On this unit, the exhaust valve had excessive clearance.   Resurgence Small Engine Inc.      

By Resurgence Small Engine Inc., in Honda ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Not ATV related, but an interesting video

This video  of BMW  engines being  manufactured in China very well  illustrates where  all  the  unskilled repetitive  jobs  have gone, and  why  they're not coming  back in America  or anywhere  else.  What  BMW  has  done   in  China  is  being repeated  by every  industry  everywhere. If it  can be  automated, it will  be and except  for  a  handful of  operators the only  people  employed  by those businesses  will  be  tradesmen maintaining  the robots. Education  and trades training is  far  more important today  than it  has  ever  been.  

By davefrombc, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 2 replies
    • 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 SP Power Steering Not Working

Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 

By Sturgeon, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 14 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ladykingquad
      I need some advice on my 700 kingquad. I recently went out into some deep water (not sure if this is the issue or not) I did not submerge past the seat all the way, however I did wheelie out of it with the back end submerged for 5 seconds. I realized after I did this that you could hear the engine going up in rpm's but there was no power to the wheels after a point. You could only hear the whailing of the engine. Could someone lead me in the right direction... basic knowledge would be to check air filter, belt housing for water, spark plug. Otherwise I am at a loss. Thanks in advance!
    • By BrokedownAtV
      Hello all, I'm stuck and that is why I am asking this question.
      From the title you guessed it, it's the stator/generator. I have a bad stator and I am attempting to understand the ins and outs of this thing.
      So I have a bad source coil on a 2005 Bruin Yamaha. I don't understand as to how with one wire measures only 6'in length you are supposed to get 200+ ohms.... plus, without a diode it only can be tested in one direction???.... something just doesn't add up!
      Thanks in advance
    • By D__L
      I want to upgrade, not sure what size tires will fit and do I need wheel spacers and lift kit?
      What performance mods do I need to do for the larger tires or don't need to ?
      Like the Maxxis Vipr tires.
      Maxxis Vipr front 27x9R-14
      Maxxis Vipr Rear 27x11R-14
      What size wheel will work? offset?
      Stock 25x10-12 Rears and 25x8-12 Fronts
      Stick with 12 inch wheels and get taller tires?
      Thanks,
    • By OutlawGade
      [ame]
      [/ame]A 2014 compilation of the Renegade using some of its potential
    • By madstuff33
      hiya, im not really new to riding quads but i am new to owning my own (working) quad. i have a falcon 150, which isnt too bad, bit sluggish on steep inclines but overall far better than the smc r100 i used to own. i have a basic understanding of single cylinder bikes and a less than useful understanding of anything bigger so i may be asking for a lot of help lol. anyway, i look forward to being proved wrong relentlessly and actually maintaining a working bike