Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Brewster

CDI box for Yamaha 1995 Moto 4

I need a CDI box for a 1995 Moto 4 350ERG.  I ordered one online, it was the same part number as the one I took off my machine, but the wiring connectors were different and more importantly, my old CDI box had two extra leads on the wiring harness than the new one did.  I called the dealer that I ordered the new box from and they said the new box was updated model (or something) and they couldn't help me with the different wiring harnesses.  Can anyone here help me figure out how to convert the new box to fit the older wiring harness?  I can cut off the connectors and solder on the old ones, but some of the wiring colors don't match and then there is the problem of the two extra leads.  Or maybe, someone knows where I can get an old style CDI box or perhaps a Yamaha ATV salvage yard.  Any help would be appreciated.  I own four ATV's of different brands and the Yamaha Moto 4 is my favorite.

I just noticed this topic, where you able to get this going? My rule of thumb is that if it isn't the same new then I return it or look online for an adapter kit or instructions for how to use an updated version. When it comes to electrical, I'd rather it be plug-in and go.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Glen Hoerschgen
      Hey guys i have a 2002 yamaha wolverine that needs a new wire harness.  Does anyone have a clue where i can get one new or used. ive looked all over and cant find much on a 2002 model.  Any help will be greatly appreciated . thanks so much

• By JacobSlabach
      Hey just picked up another scrambler 850 was told the tps was bad.  This atv has been beet to hell.  Wiring has been tinkered with the crankcase has been replaced recently and the motor rebuilt (can see horizontal scores thru spark plug hole where it’s just been honed out and rebuilt)
      my guess is it was ragged out till the motor blew a rod and rebuilt but the clown that did it couldn’t get it to run again and sold it.  When I bought it it would pulse and smoke black at idle and die with throttle.
      New tps installed and it won’t run period.  I went to celebrate it and I’m getting 5 volts on 2 of the 3 wires running to the tps.  Is this normal and if so how should I celebrate it?

• By Micah Gafford
      I bought this ATV from a friend who had it stored in their shed for a few years. I've been going through it getting things ready to fire it back up and get it driving around. So far I've changed out fluids, removed and cleaned gas tank. I am waiting on a fuel fitting to be ready to able to put the gas tank back on and fire up the engine. I'll follow up once I get to that point with whether or not that went smoothly.
      Right now however I've got a brake problem. The brakes were locked up. I took the brake line off the master cylinder and made sure that it wasn't locked up, it works. I proceeded to try and flush them no luck. Then I just disconnected the brake lines. They appear to be blocked up. I don't know if the hose portions deteriorated or what. I've found the front left and right brake lines, although $70-80 each doesn't make me happy... I can't find anyone selling the rear brake line 1930751 or the primary 1930760 that goes to the inverted flare cross fitting. This leads me to wonder if I should buy parts and tools to make my own brake lines.
      Two questions:
      If I should decide to make my own can you point me to any tutorials out there on doing that and what size are these lines with the flared fittings?
      Can anyone else find the two brake lines i listed for sale somewhere?
    • By basmn
      got my head back from the machine shop and this part was not there
      2007 honda trx400ex cylinder head
      spring plunger #14126 kv2 940       #5 on the parts diagram
      i have the plunger  part # 4 on the diagram.
      can i re assemble without the spring ?????. do i need the honda part of will a ball point pen spring do ?
      what is this part for

• By Rich1028
      St Helens Trails Part One 8-29-2020

Well We Hit A New Trail, St. Helen. Took A Chance on it Being Kind of Dry After All the Rain We got in the last few days, and it was not to bad at all. Since this was our First Trip there, we took our time and had FUN. In this First Video, We Find the Sign, and We Make A Few Passes around the Sand Hill Area.