Quantcast

Suzuki ATV VIN Number Decoder & Search

Admin

Looking for Suzuki ATV VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Number Decoders? Once you find your ATV VIN number off the tag on your Suzuki ATV, you can go to all kinds of websites that have VIN Decoders available. The best ones are backed by the Suzuki ATV manufacturer, however there are plenty of aftermarket Suzuki ATV VIN Decoder websites on the web. This topic will stay pinned and if you find any to add, please do it with a reply. 

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

The following Suzuki ATV VIN Decoder websites are available where you can just enter your VIN number and it will shows you some of your ATV model details:

CycleVin.com - Use Our Off-Road Vehicle Search to look up ATVs and more!

KBB.com https://www.kbb.com/vehicle-history-report/ 
CARFAX https://www.carfax.com
autoDNA https://www.autodna.com
VinAudit http://www.vinaudit.com/
decodeTHIS https://www.decodethis.com
VINCario https://vindecoder.eu/

NICB Theft Check https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

For those interested, or having trouble with those sites.. Here's the suzuki specific criteria.. most of which is applicable to all makes though..

It has one mistake in it.. At one point in the explanation it says the check digit applies to the digits before the check digit, that's not right. The check digit checks all the digits, including the check digit..

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is composed of 17 characters. The standard was originally defined in ISO Standard 3779 in February of 1977. Then it was revised in 1983. The ISO VIN is designed to identify motor vehicles of all kinds: cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles etc.

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains three major sections:
WMI - World Manufacturer Identifier (1,2,3 characters in VIN structure) If the manufacturer builds less than 500 vehicles per year than the third digit is "9". The WMI is described in detail in ISO 3780.
VDS - Vehicle Description Section. It contains 6 characters (4th to 9th positions in VIN) and defines vehicle attributes specified by manufacturer.
VIS - Vehicle Identifier Section. The last 8 characters of VIN define Year, manufacturer plant and serial (sequential) number of the vehicle.
The last four characters shall be numeric. The 10th position of the Vehicle Identification Number is a YEAR CODE.

ISO recommends that in VIN code capital letters A to Z and numbers 1 to 0 may be used, excluding I,O and Q in order to avoid mistakes of misread. No signs and spaces are allowed in Vehicle Identification Number code.

Recap with examples:

Digits 1,2,3 are World, Manufacturer, Identifier
Digits 4,5,6,7,8 are Vehicle descriptor Section -- *Somewhat variable based on manufacturer.
Digit 9 is the check digit
Digit 10 is the Year code
Digit 11 is the Factory code
Digits 12,13,14,15,16,17 are the Vehicle Identification Sequence

Let's see how this splits:

First digit - Country code
U.S.A.(1 or 4), Canada (2), Mexico (3), Japan (J), Korea (K), England (S), Germany (W), Italy (Z)

Second digit - Manufacturer
Audi (A), BMW (B), Buick (4), Cadillac (6), Chevrolet (1), Chrysler (C), Dodge (B), Ford (F), GM Canada (7), General Motors (G), Honda (H), Jaguar (A), Lincoln (L), Mercedes Benz (D), Mercury (M), Nissan (N), Oldsmobile (3), Pontiac (2 or 5), Plymouth (P), Saturn (8 ), Toyota (T), Volvo (V), Suzuki (S), Kawasaki (K).

Third digit - Identifier
Motorcycle (1), ATV (A) Kawasaki and Suzuki seem to follow this anyway

Fourth digit - Vehicle category
Data here is Suzuki specific, haven't found info for other brands.
ATV (A), Scooter (C), Business model or commuter (B), Single cylinder sport/street (N), Multiple cylinder sport/street (G), Family (F), Off road (S), V-Type engine, street, V2/V4/V6/8,... (V), Square Four (H)

Fifth digit - Engine Displacement
A=49cc and less
B=50-69cc
C=70-79cc
D=80-89cc
E=90-99cc
F=100-124cc
G=125-149cc
H=150-199cc
J=200-249cc
K=250-399cc
M=400-499cc
N=500-599cc
P=600-699cc
R=700-749cc
S=750-849cc
T=850-999cc
U=1000-1099cc
V=1100-1199cc
W=1200-1299cc
Y=1400-1499cc
Z=1500 & up

Sixth digit - Engine Type
1=2 stroke single
2=2 stroke twin
3=2 stroke triple or four
4=4 stroke single
5=4 stroke twin
6=?
7=4 stroke four

Seventh digit
Design sequence or model version first version uses 1 then second version uses 2 etc... the tenth version would then be identified by the letter A then B etc..

Eigth digit
First version uses 1 then second version uses 2 etc... the tenth version would then be identified by the letter A then B etc...

Ninth digit - Check digit
The ninth vehicle identification number digit is a VIN accuracy check digit, verifying the previous VIN numbers. This is how the check digit works

STEP 1
Assign to each number in the VIN its actual mathematical value and assign to each letter the value specified for it in the following chart:
ASSIGNED VALUES:
A=1 G=7 P=7 X=7
B=2 H=8 R=9 Y=8
C=3 J=1 S=2 Z=9
D=4 K=2 T=3
E=5 M=3 U=4
F=6 N=4 V=5

STEP 2
Multiply the assigned value for each character in the VIN by the position weight factor specified in the following chart:
VIN POSITION AND WEIGHT FACTOR:
1st = 8 10th = 9
2nd = 7 11th = 8
3rd = 6 12th = 7
4th = 5 13th = 6
5th = 4 14th = 5
6th = 3 15th = 4
7th = 2 16th = 3
8th = 10 17th = 2
9th = check digit

STEP 3
Add the products from steps 1 and 2 and divide the total by 11.

STEP 4
The numerical remainder is the check digit which would appear in the 9th position in the VIN. If the remainder is 10, then the letter "X" is used for the check digit.

Tenth digit - Year Code
80(A), 81(B), 82(C), 83(D), 84(E),
85(F), 86(G), 87(H), 88(J), 89(K),
90(L), 91(M), 92(N), 93(P), 94(R),
95(S), 96(T), 97(V), 98(W), 99(X),
00(Y), 01(1), 02(2), 03(3), 04(4),
05(5), 06(6), 07(7), 08(8 ), 09(9),10(A), 11(B), 12(C), etc.

Eleventh digit - Factory Code
Manufacturer code for what plant it was built in

Twelfth to Seventeenth digits - Serial Number

On 12/4/2021 at 3:26 AM, Paul4x4 said:

What about 11-digit VIN numbers? Any info on those?

I just got my first Suzuki LT-F4WD, and I don't even know what year it is exactly. Looking at google pics, I'm guessing it's a 1990 model by comparing all the decals.

Your vin number will be on a steel plate welded to the left rear down tube I think.. real obvious..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mech said:

Your vin number will be on a steel plate welded to the left rear down tube I think.. real obvious..

Yeah, the location is real obvious, but the VIN itself is cryptic. Feel free to decode, if it's so simple to you! Thanks!

VIN.thumb.jpg.1428641f13a95bce628cf0c09dbdf14a.jpg

Edited by Paul4x4
  • Like 1

That Paul, is a model and frame number, not a vin. A vin number has seventeen digits.

You may have a vin plate, made of aluminum, riveted to the steering head perhaps. It might be riveted on somewhere else, or it may not have one if it's really old.

Your model appears online and the model is always preceded by JSA. So your vin(if your bike was issued one) should start JSA, then AJ45A.

According to a vin breakdown that prefix would mean, made in Japan, by Suzuki, and an AVT. And your model.. A means ATV, J means 200-249cc, 4 mean four stroke single, 5 means the fifth model version, and the last A means tenth version or variation.

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2021 at 8:26 AM, Paul4x4 said:

What about 11-digit VIN numbers? Any info on those?

I just got my first Suzuki LT-F4WD, and I don't even know what year it is exactly. Looking at google pics, I'm guessing it's a 1990 model by comparing all the decals.

I just did a free faxvin for my LT-F4wds and it came right up.  mine is a 1995

https://www.faxvin.com/vin-check

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...