Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

DaveInME

looking for a place to call home this winter

My wife & I are getting tired of 0 degree high for the day and 10' of snow for the 5 month long winter season. and are looking for a warmer place to spend the winter.  We would need a place with lots of ATV trails and places to put our kayaks in and do some fishing. Shopping malls, etc are NOT even a consideration. as long as we have a gas station and food store, we're good.

we also need to have some "elbow room" without being stuff in with neighbors on all sides.  to put this in perspective we live in Aroostook County, Maine which is about the size of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined, but with a total population of 70,000 or about 10 people per sq mile.  so we're used to going 30+ miles without seeing anyone except a moose or maybe a bear.

another words, I want to replace the this picture

1592344480_deepsnow.jpg.f89884c05f05bbc7a0fcf5c45148f83d.jpg

with these pics.

445763128_atvfield.jpg.c43f097a3ae6ec81c50c50087e7269bb.jpg51023350_ripriver.thumb.jpg.2e1553a7c151ee0aa389ca42824fec5a.jpg39558603_kayaklake.jpg.9a056b13ad6798550a8faefde140ebfc.jpg

we would either rent a place for the winter, or buy a travel trailer / toy hauler to live in.

Dave

@DaveInME Those are some beautiful photos but the snow is a tough one! The only way to escape that is to go south. I'm in lower NY and the trail riding is limited. I hear out west is the place to go for riding, wilderness, etc.

8 minutes ago, Ajmboy said:

Those are some beautiful photos but the snow is a tough one!

The riding up here is GREAT.

IF I could just learn to embrace the snow.  Then Snowmobiling is even better, you can ride your sled from the Bangor Maine area 200 - 300 miles uninterrupted east, north or west using the ITS system to a number of border crossing and into Canada, with regular gas, food and motel stops along the way.