Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Toneloc

2004 Polaris Magnum 330 4x4 - Overheat Light & AWD engage

Hey Guys, 

I think I've got a bad ECU, but wanted to know if anyone has had similar problem before forking over the $200 for a new one.

Bought this rig from a buddy last winter.  Buddy let me know on issue before purchasing.

Occasionally the overhead light would comes on...even in winter rides.

I have followed fan trouble shooting, it powers up when direct connected to 12 V power supply and draws correct amps per manual.

Just recently, the light has come on when unit is cold and first started up. 

Or sometimes if not on right away, overheat light will come on right after starting within a minute or two into ride.

When fan comes on seems like it cycles on and off more than it should...

Oil level is good and hoses seems fine....one hose will be hotter than the other when checking, so that tells me the oil is flowing through the cooler.

Any ideas what temps should be from oil out and return?  I could check with infared heat gun...

And most recently, now I just had an issue where the light for the AWD does not come on right away now after switching on.  Comes on and off intermittent when switch engaged.

What do you guys think...is my ECU on the fritz?

Thanks ahead guys...any other ideas to trouble shoot would be appreciated.

Toneloc.

Edited by Toneloc
Forgot to add Magnum model

best way is to get a friends ecu an test it. could easily be something other than the ecu...better to try it out before spending 200

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jeff Miller
      I'm trying to troubleshoot a starting issue. For a while, maybe a year sometimes I would hit the starter button and I'd hear a single loud click, but the starter wouldn't turn. Usually if I could pull the pull start or roll it in gear it would then start. (now I'm thinking that was coincidence) Now it only clicks. I tried to check what I could, battery is good, solenoid clicks strong, cleaned all connections (which were 80% clean anyway). I started thinking the starter wasn't spinning. I pulled it and it spins freely. The gear that it contacts in the engine-I can wiggle it maybe 1/16th to 1/8th inch back and forth. When I reinstall the starter I feel it jerk when I hit the button. I'm thinking maybe it's the starter clutch? It seems when there's a problem with them they usually just spin freely and don't engage at all. Is it possibly something is causing it to lock? I'm a bit lost now.
    • By Lellwyn Griffin
      I think my rear brakes are stuck.  Is these parts in the right position?  Any idea how I repair?  I have to give it more gas to go and I can't push it when it's in neutral.  

• By KotaGman
      My bear big fires up with the pull start fairly easy. My electric start worked fine but now doesn’t even try. I bought a new battery and the same. The odd thing is, when I start it up at times, the neutral or reverse light will light up at times... depending on if it’s in neutral or reverse of course... wondering if anyone knows where I should replace? 
      IMG_1575.MOV
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Just now rolling over 100k miles. Been feeling some steering weirdness so I get one front wheel up in the air and push at 3 and 9 and sure enough there's some wobble. Pushing at 12 and 6 gives no play at all.
      Although I'll probably be replacing the worn part myself I need some help diagnosing what all might need to be replaced. And since I need an alignment anyway I've made a deal w/ my local Goodyear tire shop to do a pre alignment inspection and identify my bad part(s) so I can replace them before they do the job.
      When I drop the car off what specific parts should I ask them to look at? I'm sure tie rod ends but what other kind of worn parts could be causing movement on the 3-9 push test?
    • By amharrison24
      i have a 91 moto 4 100. has electric start only. for as long as i could remember we have always pushed start it. after riding for while you shut it off. you are able to hit the start button and it will start right up. anyone know where i should start with fixing this issue? im fixing it up for my niece. thank you in advance.