Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Spartacus

Honda TRX 200 984 - issue when riding

Hi,

I just restart my old Honda TRX 200 1984 from my garage, I clean the carb but a new sparkplug and start it with  a car booster battery (battery was dead).  It start and i'm able to ride but sometime i'm just hearing a little "click" sound and when I heard that in same time the motor seems wanted to stop and immediattely after everything seems to work.  

Does someone could let me know where my problem could be?  The Coil, the cdi....

Like @Smokey Boyer said, could be valves ticking. Is is getting hot? Change the oil and filter if you haven't already.

* Topic moved to Honda ATV forum and added Honda to the topic title.

Yes it is getting hot.... but i though it was normal.  Are you talking about the engine oil and the engine oil filter or should i check some other filter?

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Yes it is getting hot.... but i though it was normal.  Are you talking about the engine oil and the engine oil filter or should i check some other filter?

Yes, fresh oil makes a world of difference sometimes.

If changing oil does not work, probably a stuck valve. 

Ok i'll change the oil!  Let you know the result. 

Other thing related to my machine, since i clean the carb, when I start it idle speed seems good but when I put it in speed, my quad move foward alone slowly - i suspect my idle screw do you think it could be that?.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1986 or 87 Honda 250sx atc keep or sell

Long story short, I purchased an 86 or 87  ( the last year made) 250sx aTC about 5 years ago.  It was in pretty good original condition.  A friend helped me clean the tank, carb etc and it started right up.  I drove it around a few times and that was about that.  It is located in Northern California at a friend’s place and I reside in southern Ca about 500 miles away.  I’m debating going up and retrieving it but I kind of have too many projects to really enjoy it.  My rebuild on my 64 Land Rover is gonna tank space and priority. i was wondering approx value of it as well as if it’s worth transporting down to Southern Ca for a larger market/better price?? If I remember correctly, everything is in pretty good shape, may need new toilets soon.  thoughts ?  I appreciate the input.  

By natche, in General ATV Discussion

• 0 replies
    • 2006 Can-Am Outlander Max 400 battery box fell apart

The battery box on my machine kind of fell apart and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what they did to rebuild the box.

By johncb, in Can-Am BRP ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • New here 1986 Honda TRX70

Greetings, I'm new here and just picked up a 1986 TRX70.  It is not all original or complete and I'm trying to just get some information that I haven't been able to find on various searches. My first question is the frame.  It is red.  Every other frame I've seen is black.  I suppose someone could have painted it, but I don't see any black under the red paint and the quality of the paint seems far too good to be a garage rattle can job.  Were any of the TRX 70 frames red?  I thought it might have been stolen and painted, but I finally found the vin and don't think that is the case. Also, I have a Keihin (japan) carb on it, but I think its the wrong carb -- at least it doesn't look like the one in the FSM.  This one does not have the sediment bowl on the petcock.  It has PB cast into the carb housing.  It looks more like the carbs from an earlier ATC70, which I suppose it could be.  Its been gotten into and part of the intake is cracked where it bolts to the carb.  The centers on the carb mounting bolts are 48mm, not 42mm.  What size came on the TRX70 originally?  I was looking at the cheapie Chinese carbs, and all the ones for the TRX70 seem to have the petcock and choke on the right side.  The one that is there now has them  on the left. The pull start has been removed down to the stator.  What would be involved with getting something that would work to pull start the engine?   Thanks in advance.

By jacked_72, in Honda ATV Forum

• 3 replies
    • 2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 won't start

Hi guys, trying to get a quad running again. It was running fine but the electric start did not work. My uncle was using it and the pull start snapped. So I replaced the pull start and electric starter motor. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I have spark, I have fuel to the carb, I know this is a 2 stroke with a separate oil tank, what else should i check?

By TheJester517, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV

View File 2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV 2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/28/2018 Category Honda ATV  

By Maggie Hall, in Honda ATV Forum

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content