Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Spartacus

Honda TRX 200 984 - issue when riding

Hi,

I just restart my old Honda TRX 200 1984 from my garage, I clean the carb but a new sparkplug and start it with  a car booster battery (battery was dead).  It start and i'm able to ride but sometime i'm just hearing a little "click" sound and when I heard that in same time the motor seems wanted to stop and immediattely after everything seems to work.  

Does someone could let me know where my problem could be?  The Coil, the cdi....

Like @Smokey Boyer said, could be valves ticking. Is is getting hot? Change the oil and filter if you haven't already.

* Topic moved to Honda ATV forum and added Honda to the topic title.

Yes it is getting hot.... but i though it was normal.  Are you talking about the engine oil and the engine oil filter or should i check some other filter?

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Yes it is getting hot.... but i though it was normal.  Are you talking about the engine oil and the engine oil filter or should i check some other filter?

Yes, fresh oil makes a world of difference sometimes.

If changing oil does not work, probably a stuck valve. 

Ok i'll change the oil!  Let you know the result. 

Other thing related to my machine, since i clean the carb, when I start it idle speed seems good but when I put it in speed, my quad move foward alone slowly - i suspect my idle screw do you think it could be that?.