Quantcast

1991 Honda Fourtrax TRX300

I was given a 1991 Honda Fourtrax TRX300 that is in fairly good shape for its age and what it was used for.  I got this to rebuild as a hobby project.  What is the best service/shop manual that has parts lists and exploded diagrams so when I go to disassemble I can order the correct parts and get it back together correctly again.

Thanks for the help.

I  have  a  1991 TRX 300 FW  I bought  used  about 5  years ago. So  far , the only major mechanical  repair it has needed  is a new  rear  axle and  wheel hubs. The splines  wearing  out  on them  is a fairly  common problem  for the older machines.  The  hubs  nuts  must be  kept lubricated  and  tight. Mine  wore to the  point the  left  wheel  spun freely on the  axle. I  didn't  notice it because being  full  time  4x4,  it wasn't  obvious until  I   got in a  situation  where  the right  rear wheel was in the  air  and one  wheel  on the front  had  no  traction. My  winch saved the  day, and a new  rear axle  and  hubs  made sure  of no repeat of that problem. The  only  other repair  ?  New  front  brake  shoes.

Here  is a  link to the  shop  manual  for your  TRX 300..  It's  in  the sites  download section.

I just got my 99 kingquad 300 up and going...  was thinking about selling it and buying a newer one..  prices here are stupid crazy so gonna go a minor rebuild.  Should be sweet..   I'm also looking for the technical documents for mine..    there is a good resource of manuals in the download section of this site 

• Ajmboy changed the title to 1991 Honda Fourtrax TRX300
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, davefrombc said:

I  have  a  1991 TRX 300 FW  I bought  used  about 5  years ago. So  far , the only major mechanical  repair it has needed  is a new  rear  axle and  wheel hubs. The splines  wearing  out  on them  is a fairly  common problem  for the older machines.  The  hubs  nuts  must be  kept lubricated  and  tight. Mine  wore to the  point the  left  wheel  spun freely on the  axle. I  didn't  notice it because being  full  time  4x4,  it wasn't  obvious until  I   got in a  situation  where  the right  rear wheel was in the  air  and one  wheel  on the front  had  no  traction. My  winch saved the  day, and a new  rear axle  and  hubs  made sure  of no repeat of that problem. The  only  other repair  ?  New  front  brake  shoes.

Here  is a  link to the  shop  manual  for your  TRX 300..  It's  in  the sites  download section.

Thanks for the info.  I downloaded this and it was exactly what I was needing.  Got everything just about disassembled.  found out that the fenders i bought a few years back are not the correct ones.  will need to start a search for the correct ones.