Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Michael Taralli

2006 Kawasaki prairie 360 Hard Start

Does it stay running after you start it? It's a fuel delivery issue, but the question is does it have fuel after it starts.

• Like 1

Thanks for answering,  Ajmboy. Yes it does stay running after a quick shot of ether. It runs very well after warming up. But even after warming, I still need the ether to start.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Stephen Daugherty
      I'm joining to get help and opinions on my z... I just had the entire bottom end and carb rebuilt new rings and plug rose it maybe 4 hours and on the way home it backfired and blew the carb boot from the head and now it won't start? Getting fuel and fire but when I check the plug its covered in fuel? I've checked time and clearance everything seems to be fine? Just cant figure it out?
    • By Wolds Alpacas
      Hello - I have just had delivered my 2004 registered King Quad 300.
      The gear change is pretty fierce.  Pretty hard to get into gear from neutral on the foot pedal and when I select reverse on the hand lever, it jumps into reverse with a hell of a kick.
      I am waiting for a service manual to arrive, but in the meantime, has anyone any suggestions please?
      Thank you.
    • By colin james
      View File 2006 Polaris Predator 50 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris predator download all chapters for complete manual. Or just the sections you need.
      2006 Polaris Predator 50 Service Manual
      Submitter colin james Submitted 02/11/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By bradleyheathhays
      '11 Grizz 700 here.  Since I've got some warm weather these next couple days I've decided to start the bike after about a year of just sitting.  Took out the plug and sprayed a good amount of fogging oil on top of the piston to help lubricate things.  After about a minute of letting it soak I stuck my air line tubing in to suck out the excess, but it seems like I didn't get nearly as much in return.  Repositioned the tube enough so that everything that was gonna come out pretty much did.  I'll probably shoot some compressed air down the plug hole before doing the start just to make sure it's all out, as well as cranking it for a second before putting the plug back in.   How long would it take for a bit of standing fogging oil to seep past the piston rings, and where would it go?  I guess into the engine oil?  The oil was fairly new the last time it was started but I'm sure it could stand to be changed after sitting for so long.  If much of this fogging oil got into the engine oil should I do the change before the startup?
    • By Belmontie
      Hi all, bike does start with the electric start mostly, but the battery was weak and wouldnt start it the other day so went to use the pull start, to say its hard is an understatement first of all you gotta do a little jiggling about til it catches then pulling it takes some effort now i know im not the strongest fella in the world but this is so much harder than it should be. 
      It does start of the pull just to get the engine to initailly turn is so hard any ideas why its happening or how to fix this,
      Thanks

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Quad Bug
      I most have a rare ATV, because I can not find a service manual without paying money to Kawasaki.  It's a 2005 Prairie 360 2x4.   4x4 manuals are all over the place, but nothing for a 2x4 .  Heck, Bike Bandit doesn't even list parts for a 2x4.   Any suggestions besides paying Kawa.  My machine is in limp mode and I've yet to find an applicable video or even procedure. 
    • By oxidized_black
      View File 2003 Kawasaki Prairie 360 2WD/4WD KVF360 Service Manual
      2003 Kawasaki Prairie 360 2WD/4WD KVF360 Service Manual 1.0.0
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By oxidized_black
      2003 Kawasaki Prairie 360 2WD/4WD KVF360 Service Manual 1.0.0
    • By AndyM
      Hi Guys,

I purchased a 2001 Kawasaki prairie 400 for my son, the machine runs great but had issues with bent rims. I bought a set online knowing that I would need 2" wheel spacers for the rear tires. My issue now is the hub (lug) studs are too short for the spacers that I have. Does anyone know where I can get longer studs that have the same pitch as stock? OEM studs are 10mm x 29.5mm with 1.25mm pitch, I'm most likely looking to get 10mm x 44mm studs.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Andy
    • By Connie Johnson Donald Hudson
      Smells like gas in the oil ... Also, recently replaced belt, new BT does not have grooves on both sides, does that pose a problem?  Also just bought and replaced new carburetor, never has it idled better, but give it gas and it backfires very loudly!