Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jdhka1

1987 Honda TRX250

Hey, I am a novice quad mechanic and I'm new to the forum and have a question.  I have a 1987 Honda TRX250 that I ordered a new carb for.   After countless hours of research I chose an aftermarket (because I couldn't find an OEM) that was supposed to be "plug and play", and as you can probably figure, it wasn't.   Throttle cable is about 4 times to big to screw into the carb.   Has anyone else run into this?   Is it easier to find an aftermarket cable (which i haven't had much luck at) or just drill and re-thread the carb to accept the OEM cable?  (btw.....the company that sells the carb doesn't sell throttle cables)

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Ordered a new trailer

Well I finally decided on the trailer to fit my needs , i decided on the “ Yutrax “ trailer, watched a few good reveiws on it , reasonable price , I ordered it online through my local tractor supply. Hauling brush, and general on the property use , its for offroad only ,looks like a great trailer for chores on property

By Airborne, in ATV Trailers, Haulers, and Attachments

• 3 replies
    • 2014 honda foreman 500 runs rough

Hi guys new to the forum. I have a 2014 honda foreman 500. It started to lose power and misfire eventually stalls. It's hard to restart. When it does start it will stall when hitting the throttle. Smells like its getting fuel. I drained and put new fuel in tank but still same issue. I check for codes and have a code29 IAVC circuit. I'm pretty sure I set this code when I drained the tank. I disconnected it when I removed fuel line from injector. I used the fuel pump to drain the last couple ounces out of tank and also to check fuel volume. I did clear the code but have to ride it around property to see if it or any other code generates. I'm thinking an ignition issue. I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar problem with their foreman. I realize its hard to fix something without being in front of it but any advise would be appreciated. Thanks  

By DJAMES999, in Honda ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • 1985 honda fourtrax 250 shiftier sticks

i have a 1985 honda trx250 and i dont know what is wrong with it i think the centripetal clutch is'n engaging  

By Riley Haugen, in Honda ATV Forum

• 3 replies
    • 1985 Honda TRX250 shifter issues

I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?

By Flanstone, in Honda ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • 2002 honda trx 400ex

I recently purchased a 2002 trx 400ex honda, I am having trouble starting it in when ut is cold.Does anyone have any thing that may help me?

By flyers38, in Honda ATV Forum

• 2 replies