Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jdhka1

Do I need a special tap to thread a hole for a throttle cable?

Bought a new throttle cable for an 87 Honda trx250.   It measures to be a 10mm.  When I went to the hardware store to buy the tap i took the cable with me for good measure and the employee helping me said "oh those have a special pitch and a regular 10mm tap wont work".   Is he correct??   Thanks

You can check by taking a bolt and threading it on the nut (or vise versa) and from there you should be able to find the correct pitch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Jeff Taylor
      I bought a roughish Honda rancher TRX350TM3 and I am having trouble locating the vin number - I would like know year and specs as is it rough , it runs but has multiple little issues ( choke cable seems frozen , carb has sticky or ill adjusted float and leaks gas from bottom of carb , shut off valve needs new o-ring to stop leaking , ect)  just age and lack of maintenance issues , but I need to know what it is to get correct specs … I was told there would be a tag on front end of frame but I don't see one . Any help would be greatly appreciated . 
    • By CHomp DICKENS
      I broke the axle in my Honda foreman 4×4 when I went to change the axle so.done had weld it before and don't know how to git the gear off  seems the axle should slide out of the gear  not this one how do I remove the gear from broke  axle
    • By JStricker
      I'm in need of a replacement engine for my '04 400ex. Can anyone help or at least give me some direction.
      Thanks
    • By chem3233
      I have a 1998 yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 I have put back to life but as soon as I had all the bugs out it blew the special "L" plug out. What causes this? Is there something special I have to do to replace this?
    • By JacobSlabach
      Theres a horse farm I work/worked at and they have a Rubicon (500cc)  think its a 04.  Its been having starting issues.  First time it wouldnt start, the owner said it had a new battery in it (this is about a year ago I guess..).  I replaced the solenoid and then the starter.  the battery was dead so I jumped it and then it started fine after the battery charged.  about a month later, same problem.  I swapped the solenoid back out with the old one(still had it)- nothing.  the owner had another battery she said was good, swapped that out and it fired up.  Now, today, same problem again... owner says the starter was sluggish and then the battery went dead.  Went out and jumped it again and it ran fine (its a carburated atv so its not fond of under freezing temperatures...).  the stater is working cause when I got there, the battery had 7-9v on it (multimeter said it was rising and falling (with the key on)).  I jumped it off  our van and rode it around for say 5-10mins.  when I shut it off again, battery is reading 14v with key off and 13v with it on.  thats as far as I've gotten..  I asked the owner to let me know if anything else happened later on..  What I'm wondering is if its just the battery, or maybe is the regulator rectifier not working letting the battery be overcharged cause it to die?  And then again, the bike could have sat with the key and headlight on overnight for all I know..