Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
By Dra O
I likely just kissed $200 goodbye buying a Honda 250 this AM from Craiglist. We'll see.
- VIN number is off the front frame; one VIN site calls it a 2008 Honda 250 TRX - this baby ain't a 2008; other VIN sites list the VIN as invalid; might be that the owner (a shady dude from a shadier side of my home town) put a 2008 front end on it? No idea.
- a HUGE hint (hint #1) would've been that there's no key to start the machine - gotta use a screwdriver. I'll likely be visited by police sometime in the near future.
- owner acquired from another man - owner showed me video of him riding it this summer on a major interstate while very drunk (hint #2) - the machine sounded good in the video
- no front headlight; owner said machine has new carb - looks Chinese - he didn't have original carb; air intake box is wide open - no long plastic connection sleeve leading into air box like on my 99 king quad; no visible oil leaks; oil is dark; air filter clean; decent plastic; no front right brake apparatus; left brake handle very loose and rear brake doesn't work
- battery at this point is good; manipulate the ignition switch w/ screw driver and the green neutral light shines (this has since stopped working)
- it's a kick start machine: when I kicked it down (hint #3), the compression sounded normal, almost "tight" but at the end of the cycle, there was some awful grinding noise coming from what sounded like either inside the engine or the starter area; I let it settle, kicked it again, same noise heard at the end of cycle; owner said it likely needs a new starter - I only hope it's this simple
pictures attached - the throttle cable / zip tie pic is my favorite - but it works! it was CRAZY dirty prior to pressure washing - and the water in air box is likely secondary to the power wash - no water was in it when purchased
gotta few things to complete on the king quad - will be changing motor/gear oil in honda and getting new oil filter over time - talk soon - hope y'all had a great Christmas
So I was looking at my John Deere today and though, how could I make this cooler. So I tinted the windows. Lol.
As I got home I was staring at my Polaris and the wife’s kfx. I thought I would have to replace the crank because of piston slap on the Polaris. Turns out I just had to adjust the choke cable a tad more. Runs great.
Why do we have insurance if we only need it sometimes, and that’s questionable.
What is the definition of being an adult? You can ask 6 people and get 6 different answers.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I picked up a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 850. The previous owner rarely rode it and it only had 53 miles on it (10 hours). I believe the Polaris break in period is something like 250 miles / 50 hours or something like that at which point they suggest doing the first oil and fluid change. My question is should I do it sooner than that? I believe this was manufactured in fall of 2016 so that means the fluids in there are 3 years old. Maybe that isnt a big deal and it is still fine to wait until 50 hours, but just wanted to check
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.