Quantcast

My quad idles but dies when i put in gear

Thanx guys. Im busy with the air screw and its driving finally. But now theres another problem, when im driving in 1st and give it throttle it loses revs and want to die, but when i pull clutch it idles again???? What could be wrong??? I did clean the carb just now

Edited by Francois9314
Forgot something

@bdaigleyamaha open your clutch cover on the right hand side and take out the clutch and just wipe it off, when you put them back in dont mix them up. Put them back in the same order as the way you took it out. Then adjust your air screw on the bottom of your carb. I got my bike atleast to drive today but still not 100% when i want to give it gas so that i can go to 2nd gear it loses revs and want to die

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By justent_88
      Hello, im looking for some input on this situation i have. My 94 Mojave has no spark, and i have no idea what it is. Ive replaced/tested the magneto, the pickup coil, cdi, the ignition coil. Even the key and Killswitch. I haven't tested the harness its self, but i have tried another harness and still nothing. The only thing i can think of is the fly wheel itself. I have found a lot of metal shavings in the fly wheel and have cleaned it the best I could. But nothing happened afterwards. I am truly stumped here and hoping some of yous could shed some knowledge/ideas that could help get this thing to fire. 
    • By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By jatho
      Has anyone else had an issue on older king quads where the oil would leak from the top of the head (due to a failed gasket) and drip onto the hot exhaust? Mine got so hot one time it caught fire. Just wondering if this is a common issue, as I've seen the same thing happen on multiple bikes that were the same model. 
    • By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.

• By jatho
      What is the best engine oil to use for the Suzuki King Quad - also any other tips and tricks I should know before doing an oil change on these bikes