Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Steve1981

01 Bear Tracker will not go into 5th gear

Just bought the atv a few weeks ago. It has been sitting for years. Rebuilt carb, adjusted valves, changed engine oil, changed final drive oil, replaced spark plug and air filter. Machine seems to run good, decent power, cranks up right away and idles fine. Reverse works, N, and 1-4 everything seems fine. But will not shift up into a 5th gear. Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.

• By Nick Gudex
      Hello I am new to this site and I havea problem. I have a 1987 big bear 4x4 that will not spark. I tested pick up coil per repair manual and I tested my new coil both ok. It puts out 9 volts at the coil but It is reversed polarity. So when I hook my meter up to it she shows -9 volts while cranking. When I put a test light  on it it flashes. Being an electric system this should tell me something but I don't know what its telling me. I have yet to meet one i could not fix but this old girl has me stumped. Any help would be awesome. Thanks to all.
      Nick
    • By Gary Mier
      1997 Yamaha 350 Warrior, should there be oil in the stator area? Have a no spark situation.
    • By Bebe
      Hey guys I'm new here. I have a 88 warrior that has intermittent spark. When I got the bike the guy said it needed a stator.  So I tested the stator and the Source coil has .310,  Trigger coil has .363 an .367,  Alternator side has .05 to .06 on the three. Which all seem in range. I did find that the ignition coil was bad and replaced it. After I  put the new coil on i got spark but only now and then. The bike won't spark while I'm holding the start button,  but as soon as I let off it will spark sometimes. I ended up unplugging the voltage regulator and it will spark every time I let off the start button, but still will not spark while I'm  holding it. What could this be?

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.