Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

michael absher

1999 artic cat 500 parts

I have a 1999 Artic Cat 500 someone gave me, everything is there, runs, but blows smoke pretty much all the time.  I've looked around on ebay for parts, but don't see most I'd want.  Are these at the end of their lives (for getting parts)? Or am I missing where to buy things like top end rebuild kits? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Goff
      So i have an old yamaha bear tracker that was given to me from an old farmer I know. I decided to refurbished it and fix all the quick fixes on it. I am pretty sure that it is either a 1999 or 2000 based upon the original wiring harness. Little did i know when I bought a new to me wiring harness from ebay that it was from a 2003 or 2004. My question to everyone is do I need to have all the stop switch assemblies hooked up? I think there are three on the 03/04 models and only one on the 1999 to 2000. Any help I can get for this would be great. I haven't run it yet due to the motor and crankcase is in two totes. 

• By Muskyjim
      I recently purchased a 99 big bear 350 2x4 that was sitting for a while got it running and went to take it for a ride after about 10 minutes into the ride it stalled and wouldn't let me shift down into neutral tried rocking it back and forth but will not go into neutral...can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start?
    • By Blenderite
      Hello guys! New to the forum, and fairly new to ATVs. I've driven them, but never owned one. Now I do own one. Just picked it up today. It's a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350. It's been through some stuff. The guy I got it from told me the previous owner removed the front diff because he didn't want to replace the half shaft. So it's 2wd, even though it's supposed to be 4x4. Lovely. I can deal with that for now.

More importantly, I need to get it running. The carb needs to be rebuilt. The guy I got it from said he sprayed it all out and it still didn't work. I'm concerned he might have damaged it or not put all the parts back. I was looking at a replacement carb, and the OEM parts is $600. I'd rather not spend $600 if there are any other options. I have seen carbs on Amazon and eBay that are in the $40 - $100 range that say they fit. Anyone have experience with these? I'm going to get a rebuild kit for the current carb just to make sure that won't fix it.

Thats the first thing with it. Secondly, it was completely rewired. I need to find a original wiring diagram so I can put it back how it was, with a key and all. Currently it's wired with just a rocker switch. Any sources for a service manual that would include wiring diagrams?

Thirdly, is the Big Bear 350 a good atv? I picked it up for $700. It does start and run when you spray starting fluid into the air intake, so I am not concerned about the engine being bad. I plan to use it for the farm, running around and carrying things with it like minerals and feed and such. Not really for mudding and things like that. How good is the 99 350?

I am certain I will have more questions as I examine it more, but that's all for now. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

-Blenderite
    • By weblex
      Friends, being the owner of a far from new ATV, I often come across a search for various owner's manuals, service guides, parts manuals, etc. It is not easy to find suitable documents for every quad. Therefore, I present to your attention a website that contains various instructions for ATVs from well-known manufacturers: https://www.ATVownersmanual.com
      Currently only 3 manufacturers are represented here: Can-Am, Polaris, Yamaha - and only about 1200 instructions for various models. Little later other brands and missing instructions will be added.
      What will be convenient for you: all documents are in PDF format. If necessary, you can download them to your computer and use offline. The documents are structured by brand, year and model. There is no advertising (yet).
      I am happy to hear criticism and recommendations. If you have missing or rare instructions, send them to PM or to the website's email: info [...at...] atvownersmanual [...dot...] com.