Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Xyla Cat

2005 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI Owners Manual

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Chase Cook
      Have a 2001 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 atv and when I put coolant in the radiator it starts leaking from the exhaust. The valves are sealed but it stopped making compression. Do I need to just replace the head? I just rebuilt the hole top end and this is the only thing +valves that I have not replaced and was wondering if that is why it's not starting up. Need answers please.
    • By Ajmboy
      View File 1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service Manual
      1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service and Repair Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 09/13/2020 Category Suzuki ATV  
    • By JacobSlabach
      Hey so i sold my 04 rubicon and wanted something new so i went to NC and bought a '13 scrambler 850XP LE EPS.  love it the only issues with it when i bought it were a leak in the front tire and the mice had chewed through one of the spark plug wires.  currently have a substitute hooking the chewed end to the ignition coil so itll run on both cylinders however im having an issue finding a replacement coil wire for it and was wondering if yall had any advice.  i need the longer of the two coil wires and i can only find the shorter one online.  will throw up some pics of it when i can
    • By Jeff Cotter
      I recently purchased a 2000 polaris xplorer 400 4x4.  When I bought it the starter was bad, speedometer didn't work,  and it had been sitting for 5 years. I replaced the battery, and starter. Changed all fluids, and got it running correctly.  Then replaced the speedometer in an attempt to make sure the awd would be available when needed.  And took it out for a couple hour ride with a buddy.  
      It ran great that ride with no serious problems just a little carb issues which I was able to take care of on the trails.  Then a couple days later I decided to take it out for a ride by myself,  again ran great no issues other than a couple times it seemed to cough and then take off again.  That day when I was loading it I noticed coolant dripping onto the trailer and the overflow bottle was empty.  
      Got home and decided to drain the counter balancer, when I did that I got about 3 cups of coolant. Im guessing that it needs new seals and all for the water pump.
      My question is how difficult is it to do the water pump and should I attempt it or should I send it down the road to the polaris dealership to get it done? 

• By ATVNetwork
      atvs The heavyweight high-performance, woods racing ATV from Polaris
      A general overview of the 2019 Polaris Scrambler XP 1000 ATV with engine, suspension, interior, and cargo basics. View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By bodon
      Anyone know what the fuse terminal marked UNSWITCH  does  .  Even with the key off it is causing a drain on my battery and I'm trying to figure out  what that terminal goes to.  It's a 10 amp fuse. If I pull it the "short" goes away.  Thanks in advance.
    • By Outkast7222
      Had a spark-plug break off, had to pull the head to get it extracted. Where the heck is the timing mark on the crank? Do I need to pull the stator or flywheel to find it? When I pulled the head I had the mark on the cam lined up pretty good but I cant remember if it was perfect and don't want to reassemble a tooth off and have to go back through the bear of pulling this thing back apart.
      Thanks guys!
    • By Chase Cook
      Hi I just got an Polaris sportsman 500 4x4 ATV the other day. I got it real cheap but I started to go into it because it didn't have compression so I bought a new piston and ring kit for it and installed it, but now when I try to start it all it does is shoot fire out the exhaust or the intake of the carburetor. And a timing is top dead center.;I think I can't really tell another way if it is or not. when I put it together I made sure to piston was on top and the cam lobes where facing down where are the cam sprocket is facing up. It has gas and spark. It did start a couple minutes ago but it didn't stay running and now it won't start. Do you think the valve need to be adjusted more to close better?I'm fixing to try that out and if that don't work what is the problem? Also I made sure everything was together good and right and change the oil and changed out the radiator fluid.
    • By Brian Sosebee

I just rebuilt my 03 sportsman 400. Put everything back together added oil per the manual. Pinched off the oil tank vent line 2" away ran for 45 seconds then cut it off. Check oil level and it was still way high so I wasn't confident that it primed so I did it again. Checked again and it's the same. Remove the oil filter and it is dry. I did the procedure again and the same results.

I'm worried to keep trying this as the only oil in the engine is what I used to lubricate the parts when reassembling the piston. The crankcase was drained as well.
      I Removed the oil tank and checked all the lines for obstructions and the screen filter and the vent hose and everything is clear. I even pulled a small vacuum on the oil tank while it was pulled off to make sure there were no leaks. The dipstick cap was on tight so I'm not sure why this thing is not priming.

Anyone have any suggestions. I thought about pre-priming the oil lines from the oil tank to the crankcase to hopefully help the system prime. I'd like to be able to add some oil to the crankcase to so I wouldn't feel so bad about running the engine for another 60 seconds without oil. I dropped just a little bit of oil in the spark plug hole to help condition the sleeve right now.

What do I do? Anyone had or heard of an oil pump failure on these. Btw oil pump is working fine before I did the top-end rebuild and the oil pump was not touched.

Please help!!! Thanks all for any and all help.
    • By jay rear
      Hi im new to the site. I have a 99 sportsman 500. I has been sitting for about a year now. I bought a new battery for it the other day and now i dont have any power to anything but the winch. Any help would be great. I already cut the pouch and checked voltage on both sides of the circuit breaker.