Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mark&rocket

Shock compatibility Bombardier DS650, 2000

I have a Bombardier, Year 2000, DS 650.  The Pn. Stamped into the FRONT SHOCK is: 706 200 081.  They have been discontinued by Bombardier and i cant seem to find cost effective replacements.  I am not looking for a racing type replacement, just somthing that will work properly.  can anyone help me out and validate that a shock from a model year 2002 or 2003 work on my machine.

thanks in advance

Mark

I don't know much about your quads brand but did you ever think of rebuilding the shock. It's fairly cheap and if they don't make them. Then you can buy another blown shock to rebuild the broken piece in yours.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By StolenATV
      2000 ktm exc.. Orange and silver.. Brand new tires.. Stolen from shed..
      The post Stolen 2000 KTM EXC appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Randel1
      I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 quadrunner back into service. I have it up and running like new but need to replace the plastics as they are brittle and crumbling due to age and sun exposure. I would like to purchase new parts either OEM or aftermarket but have had little luck in finding them. I would even consider used or salvaged parts in serviceable condition. Any help in locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • By Aaron Drost
      Hello bought my 2000 polaris sportsman 500 last week bike seems to work pretty good untill yesterday, when in reverse the bike seems to start bogging out? How come? 
    • By cfauvel
      ok help so according the service manual, Idle Air Mix Screw (aka Pilot screw) should be initially set to 2.5 turns out from fully seated.

If I do that the motor doesn't want to start or stay running...right now the pilot screw is probably somewhere near 5 turns out....I'll take the carb off tomorrow to count to know for sure.

mind you the carb got a new float seat,float needle and various other components in the kit.

To get the motor running I hard to turn the pilot screw out quite a bit, and turned the idle speed screw in quite a bit...I didn't hook up an inductive tach to know what it is idling at, but does sound about right.

What should the idle speed adjustment screw initially be set at (the one that has the black cable sheath with a knob you can twist easily)?

Is there a special tool to turn the idle/pilot mix screw whilst the carb is on the running motor? I am using a slotted screw driver bit (normally goes into a driver) by hand..makes it hard to turn the driver and hard to tell how many turns .
    • By Roy Anderson
      I have a 2002 Suzuki LT-F500F, and am a first time atv  owner. I rode two wheel bikes for many years, and now, two months in to being a new at owner, am just not enamored with the thumb throttle, and I’m wondering if anyone has tried a conversion to a typical twist grip throttle as found on all motorcycles? If so, how do you like it?
  • Similar Tagged Content