Quantcast

Lighting.

06kfx440

So I love my hids. The only thing I don't like is when you switch from low beam to high, the low beam turns off. We all know that hids take a few seconds to power up. Thus causing blindness for a few seconds.

How do I wire it so when I turn on the key to the 3rd position the low stays on all the time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Simple solution is go to the ignition wires with a test light and find the wire that goes live (12v) when in third position and tap that with a wire connector and extend to your hid wire (fuse in between) right where you tap it. This way they are always on with the key. You have to disconnect the existing wire  that’s feeding the hid now though. 

• Like 1

Yea it’s pretty simple. The low beam light should have a small plug on it right behind the light assembly.   Pull that off and leave it be.  Just need a few feet of 14 gauge stranded wire red preferably and one inline fuse and a crimper.  And they sell connectors that will plug right back into the light fixture plug for your new wire.  Your wire should have the new plug connector on one side and the inline fuse and a tap connector at the area of the ignition. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By afterburn
      From North Carolina here and glad to join this group.
    • By Uglyside38
      Has anyone had any luck converting an older quad from a 7 wire CDI to the newer (and cheaper) 5 wire CDI? 

I have a 1988 Suzuki Quadrunner and I believe the CDI is on it's way out...🤦🏼‍♂️ A used CDI from 1988 goes for $250-$300 on the bay...and that's when you find them. The Chinese CDIs for the 1990 and up quadrunner are only about $40. I have read a blog from a guy who says it's possible and that 2 of the wires can be omitted if the rectifier is a newer one also. Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated!!!🤙