Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

06kfx440

Lighting.

So I love my hids. The only thing I don't like is when you switch from low beam to high, the low beam turns off. We all know that hids take a few seconds to power up. Thus causing blindness for a few seconds.

How do I wire it so when I turn on the key to the 3rd position the low stays on all the time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Simple solution is go to the ignition wires with a test light and find the wire that goes live (12v) when in third position and tap that with a wire connector and extend to your hid wire (fuse in between) right where you tap it. This way they are always on with the key. You have to disconnect the existing wire  that’s feeding the hid now though. 

• Like 1

I don't mind disconnecting the harness. Or splicing into them. I think I have a 12v test light somewhere. If not I have a digital fluke that will do it.

Yea it’s pretty simple. The low beam light should have a small plug on it right behind the light assembly.   Pull that off and leave it be.  Just need a few feet of 14 gauge stranded wire red preferably and one inline fuse and a crimper.  And they sell connectors that will plug right back into the light fixture plug for your new wire.  Your wire should have the new plug connector on one side and the inline fuse and a tap connector at the area of the ignition. 

Have all that from car stereos and install kits and managed to get like a hundred of the red ones.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.