Quantcast

2014 outlaw 90 suspension questions

Hello

Just bought a used 2014 outlaw 90.

I noticed at the top of the front shocks there is 2 mounting holes for the shocks. By the markings the shocks used to be mounted in the inner holes now the shocks are mounted using the outer holes. Googling I can't find the reason for these two holes. 

2nd question is about the rear suspension

When I push the suspension down it is very slow at raising back up. Should it be slow? Is it a safety thing for kids so it doesn't bounce them off. The spring adjustment is on the second lob from softest. Has painted arrows so I'm guessing it's from factory.

Has anyone touched one of these machines and could tell me if this is normal?

Thanks

Welcome to Quadcrazy 

The rear shock is normal to release slowly.   So no worries there.  

The two sets of holes are for height and wheel adjustment.

If you go to the top hole the front end sites a hair lower and the wheel base will may lean a little inward at the top. When you go to the lower hole it  helps the front end sit higher and the wheels may lean outward at the top  but level off when you sit on the bike. 

Thanks for letting me know I don't have to replace the rear shock right away.

And thanks for your fast response.

The holes aren't above or lower. They are right next to each other. I'm guessing to make the shock stand up straighter. Maybe a weight thing?

I guess that could raise it a bit

My son is 66lbs. Is there a way to tell if they should be in inner or outer hole?

It all depends. If you change tires etc.  I don’t think there’s much if a difference on a bike that size plus the weight of your kid.  Should be fine.  Stand back and look at the from end see how the wheels look. Also have him sit on it and see how the wheels look. Then have him lean down a bit to push the front end down to see if they change. But over all I think it’s set up fine and let it be.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...