Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Dryden

Stator rebuild rewind recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good shop in Winnipeg, Kenora or Thunder Bay to rebuild / rewind a bike stator?

Why would you want to go through all of that? Unless it’s a specialty item or a very old bike I would think you could replace it. 

Caltric is a company on eBay and amazon that really produces a decent coil. I can say  that’s based on my opinion only from three bikes I’ve replaced them in without any issues to date. Two of the bikes were built two years ago and ridden to hell and back.  Still good ! 

It is actually for a BMW motorcycle with a specialty connector. I have an aftermarket but it does not have the connector. Thought I could get the old one rewound and have it plug and play.

Honestly if the wiring is the same you would be better off cutting off the connector and soldering it to the new stator.  It is hard to find anyone willing to do this type of work these days, but contact RMStator or Ricks and see if the are willing to do the work. I have used them in the past to rewind stators on really old machines that parts are not available for.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By Mudrecon
      Now I need some settings and maybe the "what not to do for Gods sake" before I start dis-assembling. Anything guys. I see there is an idle adjust cable Is there any other settings on this carb? My drain screw appears well used

• By Tubecatgs
      A friend of mine has this Bayou 220 that started running bad and parked it a few years ago. I foolishly volunteered to take a look at it. I noticed right away the choke plunger on the carb was broken and probably the reason it was running bad but now the old gas was evaporated and like turpentine. Before i even tried to start it, i drained/ thoroughly washed the tank out, new fuel filter, new fuel lines. Blew air through the petcock etc. Changed the oil and filter and air filter and new choke plunger and cable. I disassembled the carb and rebuilt it with a kit. I cleaned the main jet with solvent and poked a wire through it to make sure it is clean.. the engine now fires right up with the choke on and dies when i take the choke off. I adjusted the air/fuel screw to about 1.5 turns out and the idle screw about 2.5 turns out. The rubber boot between the carb and head does not have any cracks in it so I don't think it is leaking air. I originally had the clip on the needle on the second from the top ring... when i moved it all the way to the bottom it starts, runs and idles really fast and will idle eeally high with the choke off but if i adjust the throttle cable and/or idle screw to a slower idle it will sometimes stall but the idle will go up and down every few seconds and when you give it gas there is a hesitation... i tried moving the clip down to rhe second from bottom and same problem... i replaced all the parts in the pic to the top right. However, there appears to be a small o ring, washer and spring left over from the kit... i did not see these get removed..... a) any idea if where these extra parts go and if i need them and b) any other ideas on why i cant get it to idle right or carb adjustment ideas?
      Thanks
    • By orvilleortiz538
      Hey Frank I posted some pictures of my stator from my Raptor660r and I need some help,here are some pics of the numbers I got from the stator the 494 is ok,that's from the white/red & white/green wires but from the white to white I was getting no reading and from the blue and red wires also no reading, so it's most likely done right?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• By Rcndn
      I have a 2002 yamaha bigbear 400 4x4 with a seized engine. I was able to free the piston with the old "fill cylinder with oil and let it soak" and it worked. So I bought a top cylinder rebuild kit , but now I have no idea the process to fix this . I need a service manual....