Quantcast

Engine ID help!

I was given a "Go-Kart" its an old Carter brothers dlx150 but the engine is not the same that came with this Kart. I am trying to ID it so i can look at getting some parts for it. the pictures attached are of the motor and the only ID marks on it. I am thinking its some sort of 200cc from the 1980's does anyone have a better Idea? I am really trying to get a rebuild kit for the carburetor. on the carburetor is  Keihin 63 AA YKT

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

Thank you so much this helped out greatly! now if i can find the other stuff I need to finish it off. I miss the days where you could walk into a auto store or tractor store and say I need something like this. and they would go match it up to something that may work. Now every time I go into a store like this they say I need a specific make and model in order to help you. Sad Times!

Edited by Christopher Middleton

carb is almost done. just realized that the idle jet is plugged. (dang that hole is to small to get anything through it.) The main problem I am having is coming up with a shifter for it. The people that had it before me rigged in a lever type shifter that connected to the engine with tie rod type ends. it worked as long as you are the only one in the Kart. as soon as you get 2 adults in it you can shift up in gear but not down. so i was trying to see if something like this https://www.jegs.com/i/B-M/130/80831/10002/-1spacer.png

but no one will go look in their inventory to see if they have something like it I could look at. Don't want to spend 70 bucks on a thing that wont work.

last thing is I am missing the gear between the starter and (insert or gear name inside the case here) the started is frozen want to get it out to repair or replace it but i cant get the dang thing out. it looks like you have to crack the case to pull it out. this is last because it has the good old trusty pull start lol. it does fire up on the first pull still if i can get this carb worked out.

Take a piece of a bicycle brake cable and separate the strands and use one of the strands. It works great.  Or go on amazon and they have a small kit that has all sorts of small cleaning tips for that work.  Just look up a carburetor cleaning tool.  

As far as the shifter goes I would have a welder make up some linkage and do some custom work.   BUT YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT ALL ELECTRICAL ITEMS ON THE ENGINE BEFORE YOU WELD ON THE FRAME! you will do damage to the stator coil and rectifier.  

The starter will come out it’s going to take some finesse.   Look on YouTube and search starter removal on an atc 200 Honda and see what comes up.   

• Like 1

Your welcome. That part your pointing to is your cam chain tensioner. If it’s in the way of the statue then you  can remove it and put it back. However.... once it’s out do not rotate the engine because that tensioner keeps pressure (tension) on your timing chain.  Rotating the engine while the tensioner is out can allow the chain to jump and throw the timing off. So pull the tensioner out do what you have to do and put it back in. 

So today has been a good day. I found a really cool guy at the local honda dealer. Yea i know right,  WHAT?? So he looked up all the 200 atc's 1982-86 that had starters looked up the part number and then hr knew someone that remakes them. The picture looked different to me but he said its just a generic picture and that he would guarantee its the right one or he'll refund the money to me. With that info i was able to find a 1984 honda atc 200es wiring diagram and it matches. So starter ordered and reworking harnes now to clean up the engine area up. I hate dangling wires. Wish me luck! 

Oh byw what is this for? Forgot to ask

155995748313978743355.jpg

• Like 1

does anyone know a clear Wiring diagram for a 1986 Honda TRX200SX can be found without having to buy a membership somewhere? I can find the 1984's everywhere but not the 86. I have a Red wire that comes from the regulator(rectifier) to the key ignition but it splits off someone has cut this wire. I suspect that it runs to the battery with a 15amp inline fuse but want to be sure.

Try these solder seal connectors. I use them all the time and like them.  All you need is a heat source. Heat gun, small propane torch or a hair dryer on hot setting and up close.   

120PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors - Ndgenous Solder Seal - Electrical Wire Soldering - Waterproof Insulated Butt Splice Connectors for Electrical, Automotive, Marine, Boat, Truck & Trailer Wiring https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6ZWHH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TnAcDb0YAYQMS

also not sure if you guys can add this to a pin for honda engine id questions, but I found this huge database on serial numbers stamped on engine to engine year and type this is how I found out the exact year and engine I have.

https://4-stroke.net/honda-vin-to-year-code-list.html?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0&group_by=vin___honda_model

If its not one thing its another. I received the reducing gear to day and put it in. hooked up the battery to test it. It sounded really ruff. so i pulled the reducing gear back out and noticed this crack in the left stater case. Honda part# 11341-HB3-000. Has anyone ever tried to weld these up. I am a CnC programmer so cleaning things back up wont be a problem. I was thinking of getting a brass pin and stick it in then have our local welding company weld it. Only thing is I hear that castings are not weldable any thoughts before i try to disassemble. If I go this route what crap storm am I opening taking this apart?