Quantcast

head in the clouds

I take it this is on Mt. Washington,  New Hampshire.  We  have a Mt. Washington  here in  B.C.  Our ATVs all  must have license  plates ( tags)  and carry  off road insurance . Our  mountain  roads are  nearly  as nice  as   your Mt.  Washington  road.  We have nothing  like  that  ATV  road here .  Our riding is on logging and forestry  roads. Most mountain roads  on the B.C.  coast range  are much steeper  and in a lot more rugged terrain. The riding in  our interior  and  north is on  more  rounded  land  like you show there .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By GTX-Racer
      I am interested on some easy trails to ride with a younger, new rider in the Pittsburgh region.  Preferably further west near the airport.
    • By Fido
      I just got my first Atv and I’m looking for some fun places to ride it in northern Ohio. 
    • By PF3
      Rzr has been sitting unused inside garage for about 18 months. Engine started and run about 15 min every 1 or 2 months.  Never any problem starting or running. This week took it out of town to ride for a day. Loaded, unloaded with no problems. After unloading went trailing. After about a 1/2 mile we went down a small kill and started up another hill and engine died. Restarted many times and died each time after only free seconds. Brought it home and started several times with same outcome.  Changed to fresh fuel and started it.  Lasted about 90 seconds (at idle) and died. So we started it several times and revved the engine up and it continued to run (while still revved up) each time until we dropped it back to idle and it died each time. HELP! Please.
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2019 Bombardier BRP DS250 Shop Manual
      2006-2019 Bombardier BRP DS250 Shop Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 09/25/2023 Category Can-Am BRP ATV  
    • By bcase1997
      Hello everyone,

I have a 2019 Arctic Cat Alterra 570 XT EPS - 558 miles and probably under 80 hours. I have had it since July 2022, and it has already run into a few issues. Mid-winter we discovered the drive belt slipping, and when we opened the clutch cover, the belt housing was full of oil. We cleaned the entire compartment and the components, then replaced the seal behind the primary clutch and the belt. After this, the machine worked perfectly up till about a month ago. The same issue came up. We discovered more oil in the belt housing but much worse this time. The belt and clutches were throwing the oil out of the air intake duct on the left side of the clutch case housing. We repeated the same steps as before and replaced the seal behind the primary clutch (neither time, was there any indication that the secondary clutch seal was leaking, so we haven't touched that one) but realized that after putting it back together the clutch housing started a loud growling noise when the gas was pushed. We narrowed that down to possibly being the clutches losing their lubrication because the only thing we did differently than before, was clean the components with gasoline versus Brak-leen we used last time. The gas most likely ate all of the lubrication out. We used Blaster Dry Lube Advanced with Teflan and sprayed it into the Movable Drive Face and Damper. Once the cover was placed back on, and test drove, the sound was immensely quieter. But the RPMs have been running extremely high still (about 5000 going about 8 MPH). And once the machine sat for a few minutes, and we rode it again, the sound came back, just as loud as before if not louder.

Does anyone have experience with this type of situation? Any ideas of what we should do? We would like to avoid the dealership, as the warranty has already run out, and we have experienced friends that can help, but currently, we are all at a loss.