Quantcast

Suspension Question? Shocks for 250X

Rich1028

Suspension Question? Shocks for 250X
I bought the wife a 2019 honda 250X,it does not have adjustable shocks,I'm thinking of maybe getting one  as well,for her she does not notice it as much as I  do but the ride is not as good as my 1991 250X with adjustable shocks.

So I'm looking at maybe getting new shocks if I get one for myself,I find these.

Elka Suspension

LEGACY SERIES FRONT & REAR KIT SHOCKS for HONDA TRX250X, All Years

$ 999.99spacer.png

https://us.elkasuspension.com/product/legacy-series-front-rear-kit-shocks-for-honda-trx250x-all-years/

anyone here use these shocks?and how good are they?

So too stiff or too soft on the stock suspension? I don't think you can go wrong with Elkas but you'll drop $1k to do that. This article is worth a check on the 250x, they used the elka suspension as well. https://www.atv.com/manufacturer/honda/honda-trx250x-project-shocks-exhaust-protection-and-more

Honda 250x shocks elka suspensions

The kit Elka built for our TRX250X features remote reservoirs front and rear for added cooling. Elka’s legacy series shocks feature spring preload, low-speed compression damping, and rebound damping on the rear shock. The ideal amount of adjustment for most recreational riding and even some beginner level racing. They’re built for your weight, type of riding, chassis setup, tires, and more.

With our TRX250X now sitting around 44.5” wide, it is much more stable, allowing us to carry more speed into and out of turns; plus the quad stays more planted on side-hills.  The wider rear end spreads the machine’s weight out, allowing for more predictable and easier to execute power slides and boosting the ATV’s fun factor. Our only complaint is a small but manageable increase in steering effort, leaving us happy we’d stuck with the +1.5” wheel spacers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By kawasig
      Hello there
      I'm having a problem finding a quality carburetor for a 1993 Suzuki Quad Runner lt-f 250 2x4. I find a lot that have 3-4 star ratings. And all so far don't have the right throttle Cable inlet at the top. The last one I got 4 star on Amazon has a threaded cable sheath rest that could be partially drilled to work. I would prefer to get one I don't have to modify. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!