Quantcast

Kawasaki KLF 220 (1989) parts

Clutch fibers for the secondary or shoes for the centrifugal?  I'm not sure the shoes are available any longer for the main clutch.  the last one i had, i just carefully regrooved the shoes and used a dremmel to take some of the ridges out of the drum.  It pulled like a champ afterwards.

Brake cables are pretty generic and all over ebay.  You can order the cheap chinese knockoffs and be fine with a brake cable.  Worst case the mechanical foot brake still works.

Plastics are tough to get a hand on though.  Fairly expensive repop.  I'd say patch and scrub the ones on it as clean as you can if they're still there.  Plastics alone are nearly what the bike is worth.

Tires, whatever is cheap.  There aren't a lot of options in the smaller older wheels.  SunF and several companies make name brand clones that are fairly inexpensive.

valve stem seals i'll only go OEM.  I usually order from Partzilla.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By Lafytafy
      should i run a thicker oil in a older quad because it make a little more noise than usual 
    • By Admin
      View File 1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 03/24/2024 Category Kawasaki ATV