Quantcast

Kawasaki Lakota frame same as Mojave?

Brent Wright

• Admin changed the title to Kawasaki Lakota frame same as Mojave?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By jpz
      Hello all,
      I am working on a MXU 270 and having the hardest time finding information. I recently saw a youtube video that claims the MXU 270 is mechanically the same as the Bruteforce 300. Can anyone confirm?
    • By PKR
      I have had this machine running and put about 4 hours on it but it would not idle great. Would fluctuate between 700 & 2000 rpm and usually quit at the low rpm. Spark plug would carbon off and have to be cleaned. Throttled up nice and ran good in mid and high range. Machine then quit and wouldn't restart, couldn't get it to fire. Checked everything, had spark, gas, etc. Thought spark may be weak so ordered a new coil. Machine sat for 3 weeks waiting on new coil. Installed coil and machine fired right up. Idled nicely until it warmed up and then rpm's were all over the place. It quit after about 20 minutes and then would restart. If I let it sit for a few days it will start but won't idle. 
      Fuel/air mixture screw does nothing, can be screwed out or in and no change in idle. Only way to keep it idling is to turn the throttle screw way in and have it revving over 2000 rpm.
      As this unit sat for close to 14 years I have replaced the pulse pump, carb, CDI, spark plug and now the coil.
      What am I missing? I have done all the ohms checks on the stator, pulse trigger, etc and they are all good. I've took the carb apart to ensure it was clean, reset the float to be leaner as plug was indicating it was running rich. Didn't make any difference. Don't know where to look next?
      Also can anyone tell me what these wires are for that come off the bottom of the carb (see pic).
      Thanks for the help
      PKR

• By onequad
      i got a 93 400 Kodiak the frame on one side is rusted out.  is this a comin thing? was wondering if it worth the  tumble to put in a used one. I'm worried most of the bolts will brake. it don't look the rusted over all. just the part were the frame boke in half. do all kodiaks have the same frame  
    • By Hagbard
      1990 Suzuki LT160e that has been frame-off restored and motor swapped with a LT230e. Motor has new Wiseco piston, Shindy valves, upgraded valve springs. New carb. Full DG RCM Alloy exhaust and oversized header pipe. All new tires, rears are Maxxis RZR Plus MX, new seat cover, all new plastics, new bearings and seals all around, fresh brakes and new tie rods. 

Took me a year to finally have that light bulb epiphany oh sh** moment when I realized one crucial mistake from last fall, corrected it, and it fired up and ran like a champ. 

• By Jaiidutch
      ok so ill try and make this as short as i can i really hope someone here can help me figure this out...
      bought a 2001 Mojave 250 from some one not running.. was running till ??somthing?? happend. was told before it stopped running it had a timing chain slap sound so the chain was replaced.
      got the quad home and did a compression test results were 0psi...lol decided to break the engine down n see whats going on. found a brand new timing chain installed and yet 2 valves pushed into the head..so i ordered a top end gasket set and all new valves and lapped them in. while the head was off i did a broke man leak down and filled the cylinder with thin oil and let it sit for a few days and none of it leaked so i assume the rings are good. reinstalled the head with new head gasket and valves. re did a compression test and I'm seeing 80psi(i don't really trust my cheap tester). I kick start the quad over and it will run for about 10 seconds and then die. I'm getting good blue spark. cleaned the carb and tried again... i can kick 10 times and it will only start for 10 seconds or so. swapped my carb, throttle cable & thumb throttle from my 87 Honda 250x to the Mojave and same result 10 seconds... had a friend bring over a known good working Mojave carb and you guessed it same results 10 seconds. even swapped to a back up stator that i have and same thing... what in the world is going on! i dont know what els to try